Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Hypex NC502MP - how to use front power switch AND 12V trigger
Hypex NC502MP - how to use front power switch AND 12V trigger
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2018, 02:22 AM   #1
KEtheredge87 is offline KEtheredge87
diyAudio Member

Default Hypex NC502MP - how to use front power switch AND 12V trigger

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to poll the wisdom of the group here, as I'm a mechanical engineer who can't help but tinker with electronics. I have recently come into possession of a Hypex NC502MP amplifier board, and I have a question about power standby switches and 12V trigger inputs from AV receivers.

I have read the datasheet on the hypex amp a few times, and it seems I can use the low power SMPS with a 12V trigger to turn the main SMPS and amplifer section ON when I feed a 12V DC signal to the proper pin. At the same time, I would like to include a standby power button on the front my amplifier case in the event I need to unplug the speakers, and I can't reach the rear of the amplifier chassis. That said... I can't quite think my way through a switching or relay setup that would allow the 12V trigger to work, and the front power switch to interrupt it.

Ideally when I press the front power switch, the main SMPS power would turn off, yet this state would not be remembered by the amp. In my head this equates to a reset condition, where turning off my AV receiver (removing the 12V DC trigger voltage) would reset the standby switch. This way I won't have to walk over to the amplifier and hit the front switch every time I forget, and wonder why the 12V DC trigger didn't work.

I hope I've made some sense here, and that someone's got a relatively simple solution to show me. Remember... I'm a mechanical guy, so assume I barely know the difference between a light switch and a...well crap, I can't even form a good metaphor there!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hypex NC502MP - how to use front power switch AND 12V triggerHide this!Advertise here!