Best way to run a 2.1 system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys

I'm running a set of 10" pa speakers with a TDA7498e and they sound very loud but they're missing that low end punch. What's the best way to add a subwoofer into the system?

Can I use a passive crossover and another class D amp to run the sub? I read in another thread that the 2 amps might interfere with each other?

Is it easier to just better to get a 2.1 board off ebay? If so any suggested boards I can run off 24v sla and a voltage booster?

So I ended up getting a 7498 2.1 board. I've just realised that it doesn't have RCA input but has a 3 pin input. Any idea what these are called and how I can connect to it?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In all liklihood it is a JST XH socket. (Japan Solderless Technologies). Plugs with tails can be had for cheaps on eBay. They are used extensively in model RC car/plane battery charging.

jst xh 3pin | eBay

J.

That's perfect! Thanks DreadPirate. I bought a couple for future projects.

The scope of this project has increased quite dramatically since I started this thread and I'm now moving in a slightly different direction. The current plan is to use minidsp 2 x 4 to do my processing (cross over and eq) running into a 4 channel sure amplifier to run 2 x tops and 2 x subwoofers. Further in the future I'd like to construct my own bass bins for improved efficiency.

I'm tossing up at the moment between 2 different 4 channel sure boards. There's 1 based off TDA7498 which I'm already familiar with but there's another based on the STA508 chip. Does anyone have any comparisons between the two? Or would there be another board that would be better? For reference all my speakers are 8ohm.

Sure Electronics' webstore 4 x 100Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board – TDA7498
Sure Electronics' webstore 4 x 100 Watt 4 Ohm Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TK2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.