Hypex ucd module connection question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I just bought the Hypex ucd180hg and the smps1200a180 power supply.

I was wondering if someone could confirm the connections between the power supply and the amp module as I’m abit confused when looking at the boot strap VDR connections.

Do I join J1.1 and J1.2 (vdr+ and HV+) on the smps and take them to the positive input on the amp modules and J1.4 and J1.5 (vdr- and hv-) to the negative rail?

Or do I just join HV+ and HV- to the positive and negative rails? If so what do I do with the bootstrap VDR connections?

Sorry for stupid question I haven’t been able to find a connection diagram. I’ve found one for the ucd180hg with smps400 but not the smps1200a180

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks heaps:)

Smps1200a180
https://www.diyclassd.com/img/upload/doc/smps/smps1200/Documentation/SMPS1200Axx0_07xx.pdf

Ucd180hg
https://www.diyclassd.com/img/upload/doc/ucd/ucd180hg/Documentation/UcD180HG_R4.pdf

Connection diagram I found but this is for the smps400

https://www.diyclassd.com/img/upload/doc/ucd/ucd180hg/Documentation/UcD180 + SMPS400.pdf

The ucd180hg needs only the HV voltage from the SMPS. So I would connect:

UCD J3 to SMPS J1.2 positive voltage
UCD J2 to SMPS J1.5 negative voltage
UCD J1 to SMPS J1.3 ground

Optional you can connect UCD J4.1 with SMPS J4.6. With connected the SMPS
delays the startup of the ucd. But the ucd has an own startup delay, so it's not
mandatory.

The ucd180hg needs only the HV voltage from the SMPS. So I would connect:

UCD J3 to SMPS J1.2 positive voltage
UCD J2 to SMPS J1.5 negative voltage
UCD J1 to SMPS J1.3 ground

Optional you can connect UCD J4.1 with SMPS J4.6. With connected the SMPS
delays the startup of the ucd. But the ucd has an own startup delay, so it's not
mandatory.

Thanks arnd appreciate your feedback :)

Related question

I found your thread when looking for clues. I just sent an email to Hypex asking for support. I just finished my stereo 3-way syste, with active crossover using Hypex DLCP in once enclosre and 6x Hypex UcDHG+HxR in a second enclosure, connected with 6 XLR interconnects.
I'm getting no sound.
Only red leds light up on the UcD's. No blue leds.
I did not connect J4.1 (UcD) to J4.6 (SMPS1200). I thought this may be the cause, but your post above from april seems to reject this as the cause, sating that the On/OFF enable signal is not mandatory.
I also did not connect J4.1, J4.2 (Vaux / Vaux/REG) , J4.3 (ground), J4.10 (DC error) on the SMPS1200. Should I? Where to and how?
I also did not connect J5 on the SMPS1200. SHould I? Where to?

I also found this part of the whole project the most unclear.
I hope Hypex wont take too long in responding. I'm impatiant, having finished the project finally!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Project finished HYPEX UcD and DLCP stereo 3-WAY OB

Finally, after 2 years (on and off, including a move of house) I finished my first audio DiY project. Stereo 3-way open baffle, active crossover based on Hypex DLCP and UcD. See attached small foto's and specs.

IMG_0193(1).JPG

IMG_0194(1).JPG

IMG_0195(1).JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198(1).JPG

IMG_0199(1).JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.