TPA3118 SANWU Stereo Mod?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone done a stereo mod on the mono TPA3118 SANWU board?

I like this little board but I need stereo and less power draw. I'm running off a 9v battery and I think running two boards is using too much battery power.

I friend mentioned that it might be hardwired to mono in a way that can't or is difficult to change.

I have both of them and mine work.
I got the first one for about half the price of what you indicate, but I had to wait about 1 month to get it.
The second one has got slightly less good power line decoupling capacitors but is half the price.
In both cases you can expect some "hiss"-noise with the volume potentiometer in mid-position (very known problem here on the forum). The hiss can be removed with two 4.7K resistors connected from each of the potentiometer slider pins to ground.
Apart from that, the TPA3116D2 sounds really fine (considering the price).
Good luck

Last edited:
What is the gain on TPA3118 SANWU board?

I have the mono TPA3118 SANWU board and I like the gain setting.

However, I don't have a schematic and I can't tell what the gain is set to.

I believe it is adjustable via the ratio of two resistors between 20dB and 36dB.

If I can find out what it is, I'd like to set the gain of another board (TPA3128D2) to the same gain as the Sanwu. Otherwise I will have to experiment and I'm not too comfortable switching out smd parts yet.

If anyone knows what the gain is set to, I'd appreciate the help!

Yes, an ADC that reads the VOLTAGE derived by that resistive divider from the GVDD supply.

Quote from the datasheet:
"7.3.1 Gain Setting and Master and Slave

The gain of the TPA311xD2-Q1 family is set by the voltage divider connected to the GAIN/SLV control pin. Master or slave mode is also controlled by the same pin. An internal ADC is used to detect the eight input states."

If you do the math and see what voltages you get from the various pairs of resistors mentioned on page 11 of the datasheet, you'll get eight different voltages.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.