Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Trying to figure out a solution to a small circuit
Trying to figure out a solution to a small circuit
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th March 2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Wuchan is offline Wuchan
diyAudio Member

Default Trying to figure out a solution to a small circuit

I am extremely new to electronics, I have been trying to figure out a solution to a small circuit I am trying to mod for the Gameboy color. The GBC has a very low speaker output. Using the PAM8302 (a class-d sound amp datasheet: http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf...M8302AADCR.pdf), I connect the RIN (U3 pin 7) to IN- of the PAM8302 and PAM8302 OUT+/- to the speaker. The sounds works great, but when I want to plug in my headphones it plays through both the speaker and the headphone jack.

Click the image to open in full size.
In the original circuit the headphone output is disabled by the headphone jack via Pin 6 of U3 being pulled down by pin 4 of the phone jack. When the phone jack is inserted, the pin is no longer pulled to ground thus disabling the speaker. I need to apply a modded circuit to act the same way to the new amp I am installing. I would like the switch in the phone jack to disable the speaker amp I installed. I wanted to use a transistor to toggle the PAM8302 enable pin (5v enabled; 0v disabled), so when the headphone jack is in the PAM8302 is disabled and vice versa. Also, FYI the output of U3 pin 6 is 0.7v

I thought a transistor might do the job, but I am not sure if I am being realistic.

I really hope I have been clear here; any suggestions are appreciated greatly.
Old 17th March 2018, 10:06 AM   #2
JonSnell Electronic is offline JonSnell Electronic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Your schematic doesn't use the PAM chip that has 8 pins. It is something different. Without knowledge of part number, could be anything.

Trying to figure out a solution to a small circuitHide this!Advertise here!