Anyone heard the new TacT SDA2175?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This new PWM amp has recently been made available, see here for details.

It seems to be built up around an analogue differential input stage similar to lcaudio.com's Predator SE, built around its ZAPpulse mopdules. They cost approximately the same (except that you can DIY around the ZAPpule modules), and having a comparative review would be very interesting.

I think that the TacT amp would have a better second hand value so I'm tempted to get one to try out since I find this technology very interesting. Have anyone heard it?

Well..i don't know about sound, but the specs they wrote is pretty artful:
* SDA2175 generates 75% less heat then class AB..(SDA2175 have idle consumption are 30W!!)
*All loudspeakers present a reactive load to amplifiers, because impedance varies with frequency.
In analog amplifiers, this results in greatly increased distortion. (BTW, output impedance of the SDA2175 from 35mOhm@1khz to 400mOhm@20khz..it is cool?)
*S/N ratio 117 A-wgt. (This is "extremely low level of noise"?)
* THD A-wgt. also! (What about freq. sweep and no A-wgt?):bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.