Small ca. 70W board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

do you know any good small (max. height 40mm) amplifier boards?
Power requirements are around 70W mono and it should be quite efficient.
I've come across the SANWU TPA 3118 "blue mono board" which I would consider for my project or do you know any better boards (for example from Hypex or Sure Electronics)?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have several of these boards and as the parallel-coupling of the output switches leave switch impedances of 60mOhm, they are very efficient and can handle 4 Ohm loads. Only in 4 Ohm they will give you 70 Watt (limit of 26V supply voltage). A good choice. If you use them at full throttle, see if you can improve the cooling.

You can find them at prices from attractive to unbelievably cheap.

Surprisingly good. It is the TPA3116 chip with other cooling layout. Not fully up to TPA32xx level but much, much cheaper. Really "wow" considering the price (I paid less than 1.8$ per board). A subjective impression: If your non-audiophile neighbor passed by and heard you play music, he would not know if you used a TPA32xx amplifier or a TPA3118 amplifier. Only in A<>B test he will notice subtle differences.

The only thing not to ignore: they need (deserve) a low impedance power supply because of their low impedance switches. 10000uF-20000uF (for two) supply decoupling is deserved (35V). Then, the bass "kick" is assured.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.