Help fixing my BT antenna on TPA3116 board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I bought a board called Douk Audio TPA3116 2.1 50WX2+100W+ Bluetooth Class D from Amazon, and tried to extend its BT signal range by soldering an extension copper cable to it that seemed to have worked (20 meters!!!).

I was able to solder a copper cable, and make the solder attach to the antenna, but I wanted to experiment with an omnidirectional antenna, and when I de-soldered the cable out, it also took whatever material was in the zigzap pattern of the antenna, so that whatever I tried to solder again wouldn't get a grip on the antenna at all. It was as if I was trying to solder to nothing but the board itself.

The only sensible solution with the little bit of antenna material left on sight on the board was to superglue the copper wire to it like an idiot :(

This didn't work as the BT range now is a if there is no extension at all, and just as far as what it was from factory (about 5 meters).

Can I still fix my board somehow?

XkP4O

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.