DIY monoblock build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am considering building monoblocks x 3 instead of buying a multi channel power amplifier. ( My first idea was to buy 2xCrown XLS )

My speakers will be 3x Procella P5 as L/C/R and the preamp is a Storm Audio SSP 16 channel.

Procella speakers specs:
Power rating Continuous 75 Watt / Peak 250 Watt (Datasheet says atleast 100watt)
Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity1m/1W 91dB

Now, I ve been searching around and seen all kind of amplifiers, such as Anaview, Hypex, Sure Electronics etc.

So my questions is what type of amplifiers above is best suited for my speakers?

I'm kinda on the same journey - with this diy thing you have to do a lot of reading between the lines, second guessing, and taking chances.... one of the snippets of info from this interview YouTube is that hypex are saying their technology has less partnering issues than other class D - might be a point of research for the other brands you mention, and may be an indication that hypex could be less risky in partnering to your speakers. I am also coming round to hypex as the high input impedance should be good with passive pre. this will reduce the overall project cost, as will the fact the hypex smps's can drive multiple amps.

For a multi channel amp, would it be possible for you to three of these guys:

IRS2092 Kit | Connex Electronic

As for the power supply, they recommend SMPS and the description also says, "If the total system price is an important factor, a simple mains transformer with suitable rated power and output voltages can be used and one high current rectifier bridge only". I assume this means you could use one big SMPS unit for multiple amp modules?

All of this doesn't matter of course if it doesn't sound good. Anyone have experience with these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.