Hypex UcD180-x assistance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I put 4 UcD180's (2xST and 2xAD8620) into a chassis with 2 Connex electronic SMPS500RxE power supplies.

The two ST modules have relatively no DC or AC offset while the AD8620 modules have no AC offset but BOTH have 22V DC offset!!! Measured with open and shorted inputs and no change.

As you can see in the pictures the AD8620's have shorter input and output wiring and share the power supply.

Am I missing something? How do I fix that high DC offset?

Shared album - Troy St.Germain - Google Photos

Since both AD8620 modules exhibit the DC offset, this suggests a power supply and/or power supply wiring issue. Or (less likely,) both modules are bad.

Dave.

Thank you for the reply...

All four are wired the same. Same color codes, same power supplies.

Interestingly 22VDC is almost half of the supply rails of +/-45VDC and both AD8620's are exactly the same.

All 4 units are new OLD stock and have never been used. I'm wondering if the AD8620 module is a plugin and the connectors are oxidized due to age..

If I don't get any other replies the next step will be to take the modules out and clean all the contacts with de-oxit..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.