TDA7498E 160W+160W box build help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I got some spare parts from old speakers and I wanted to make them into one large active box but need help with the wiring. I’ve been searching for a while and trying to learn how crossovers work with impedance but can’t get my head around it all.

Part list:

4Woofers:
2x Walferdale (100w/50w rms) - multimeter reads 3.4 (on the back it says 4-8ohms)
2x JPW (70w/rms not sure) - multimeter reads 4.9 (on the back it says 6 ohms)

3Tweeters:
1 x Walferdale multimeter reads 5.8 ohms
2 x Unknown dome 4inch – multimeter reads 5.8 ohms

Power:
1 x SMPS 360w (36v 10A)

Amp
1 x TDA7498E 160W+160W

Crossover
2 x 400w stable Treble/Bass Frequency Divider

So I need some help working out the wiring, I’m not sure the best way to go…
Plan A - amp as stereo going into two crossovers L+R then speakers (confused on the ohms and layout of wires for the speakers) - Data sheet says 4ohm 125w @1% stereo

Plan B - amp as mono going into one crossovers then speakers (again confused on the ohms and layout of wires for the speakers) - Data sheet says 3ohm 170w @1% mono

Im trying to maximise the power but I’m not sure how the crossovers interact with the ohms and what the TDA7498E can handle I saw a video on youtube showing the amp being tested at 2.67ohms which gave out 150RMS but I don’t know if the TDA7498E can handle it for long periods..

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.