All digital (USB, coax, TOSLINK, I2S) T.I. Class D (2x100, 2.1, 4x50) eval module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All digital, digital in (USB/coax/TSLNK/I2S)TI Class D (2x100, 2.1, 4x50) eval module

from the thread:

TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

specifically:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/309454-ti-class-evm-board-50-promotion-43.html#post5269709

TAS5634EVM TAS5634 Evaluation Module | TI.com

Wow, TI eval PCB class D amp with USB, coax, TOSLINK and I2S input.

PCB.jpg

Real iron core output inductors!

Selectable:

2 x btl,
2.1 (btl/se) and
4 x se

via jumpers.

Push button:

vol +/-, mute, dig in sel

ON PCB!

Attachments

• out filt.png
    out filt.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
The TAS5634EVM board is an excellent tool for learning about full-digital audio implementations. This board is not a basic amplifier - it contains the full chain of digital devices needed, including the TAS5634 chip, an MSP430 microcontroller, a DIX4192 transceiver, and TAS5558 modulator (which among its many talents can also do DRC digital room correction). Note the TAS5634 is a previous-generation chip and can't match the audio specs of the newer analog-input TPA32xx chips.

A 300W USB i2s amp from TI - and all it needs is a case and power supply - and people aren't hopping all over this?

Will it be detectable as a generic USB Audio device (for linux etc)?

Hello you people - been lurking a while. So great to finally join.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.