Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3250 somebody is listening?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2018, 10:39 AM   #611
jigglebones is offline jigglebones  United States
diyAudio Member

Has anyone listened to compare the FX502Spro with any of the 3e-audio boards (TPA3251, 3250)? The 3e boards look superior in every way except for the presence of the NJM4580 and lack of socket for it, and the lack of case
Old 15th June 2018, 03:13 PM   #612
krautxy is offline krautxy  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi.
i tried 3250(FX), 3251 and 3255 and the winner was
FX with 3250 chip.
All three boards are modified with the lme49720 chip and the FX runs with an connexelectronix powersupply.
My speakers are sensitiv with 98dB/watt. But also with speakers at 90dB the Fx imho
was better.
Old 15th June 2018, 03:24 PM   #613
Lorenzospain is offline Lorenzospain  Spain
diyAudio Member

Location: I live in a tiny village in Spain, all around quite silent excellent to enjoy music !
Hi krautxy,

" My speakers are sensitiv with 98dB/watt."
Brand and model please :-)
Old 15th June 2018, 07:14 PM   #614
diyAudio Member

Hi Lorenzo
My speakers are a pair of sachsenwerk fieldcoils in open baffle and an other open bafflespeaker
with jensen F12N fieldcoil and Amt 1 from Heil.
Old 15th June 2018, 07:23 PM   #615
diyAudio Member

To Lorenzo
the Sachsenwerk openbaffle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0113.jpg (308.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0112.JPG (559.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 15th June 2018, 07:55 PM   #616
strongbow60 is offline strongbow60  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzospain View Post

Strongbow60 said about the LME49720NA " It might be even better from another several hours burn in "
In absence of any measurement, except my ears ;-) I would say that I agree, music sounding so beautifully
tonight !
Sings Sweet Songs for Swingers - Ella Fitzgerald | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

Glad to be of service

Last edited by strongbow60; 15th June 2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Modified quote
Old 16th June 2018, 06:43 AM   #617
diyAudio Member

Location: I live in a tiny village in Spain, all around quite silent excellent to enjoy music !
Quote:
Originally Posted by krautxy View Post
Hi Lorenzo
My speakers are a pair of sachsenwerk fieldcoils in open baffle and an other open bafflespeaker
with jensen F12N fieldcoil and Amt 1 from Heil.
Hi Krautxy,
Thank you very much, I made somme research on internet because I had never heard about such speakers
Very impressive ferrites at the back of speakers ! I had heard about open baffle but never see or heard such a system .
It sounds to me rather high end DIY and "reassured" if I needed that you use as well a FX 502S customized.
I imagine you don't have to set volume much higher to move your speakers with 98dB/W !
Nice colors too, like the spanish flag.
German Magnat brand has not a large audience in France(i'm french) in the audiophile circle, and distibution products almost confidential.
But I think they are great ready made products in terms of price/quality.
Happy with my Magnat supreme 2002 in it's category, and I have as well a pair of bookshelf Magnat supreme 202 to listen outside
in my patio. I dream about a pair of Magnat Quantum 1009 S .
Test Magnat Quantum 1009 S : S comme sensationnelle ! | HDfever
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magnat patio.jpg (1.05 MB, 68 views)
Old 16th June 2018, 07:08 AM   #618
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbow60 View Post
Glad to be of service
Hi strongbow60

So I have the opportunity to thank you personally for yours very helpfull comments I should do the same for jigglebones and KaffiMan,
which comments were understandable for my low level in technology but very efficient.
I am not an expert in sound, but I believe my ears,and never have such a good amp considering the price. " It might be even better from another several hours burn in " enough hours has passed now and I had time to listen to many styles
of music and everytime the same surprise of such clear sound in all spectrum.
In others words you get exactly what is the recording and a "simple" Flac format could be outstanding (ECM productions for instance).
installing LME49720NA was an incredible upgrade !
Thank's again !
Old 16th June 2018, 10:25 AM   #619
jigglebones is offline jigglebones  United States
diyAudio Member

danke krautxy, very informative and helpful, I am surprised with your result actually, and am happy to hear you do have them running with lme49720 as well as a proper powersupply. In any case, you just saved me $100, so thank you Heres some more info that others may find interesting: I have tried LME49860 in addition to the LME49720HA "metal can" version. The 49860 simply doesnt sound as good, its just kind of wrong, less detail more boomy. The LME49720 metal can were not as good as I was expecting, and I ended up preferring the DIP8, however this may have been due to me doing a poor job on the soldering to the TO99 to DIP adapter (although they did work correctly with no shorts, I could detect some channel imbalance and the lower end of the spectrum was not to my liking--however the mids and highs did sound cleaner to me, if slightly less natural). All in all that was about 50$usd I wasted on OPAMPS i will not use, but hopefully some of you can benefit from this information
My current setup is jdslabs OLdac>BJC RCA cable>fx502s (v3) (lme49720)(Tekpower TP3005T linear reg PSU @ 24V>belden 12ga wire x8meter>philharmonic audio BMR (-85db/w) typical listening volume will be about 9oclock to 12oclock on the amp, more than that can get too loud and maybe lose some definition there. within my listening level it sounds nearly perfect though, from 30hz bass up to the full spectrum to be honest I have found 0 limitation on this setup, and it satisfies me every day with any use-- music electronic to dubstep to jazz, movies old and new, modern cinematic games, tv shows FX has produced something very unique with this little box, and we are lucky to have it.
I have told my more more traditional audiophile friend about it and hes still very skeptical that my ~$180 worth of amp, psu can be on par with his $3000+ tube amps, but I believe it may be so. My speakers arent even particularly sensitive at -85db/W, but the FX has no problem with them If fx doesnt release a more premium version of this I may pick up a v5 later down the line, have there been any significant difference with this new revision other than the white PCB?
I would also love to try doctormod's builds as they look very impressive, but I have no idea how to even get them or if he even sells them. The FX is easily available and they even have stock in US now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krautxy View Post
Hi.
i tried 3250(FX), 3251 and 3255 and the winner was
FX with 3250 chip.
All three boards are modified with the lme49720 chip and the FX runs with an connexelectronix powersupply.
My speakers are sensitiv with 98dB/watt. But also with speakers at 90dB the Fx imho
was better.

Last edited by jigglebones; 16th June 2018 at 10:32 AM.

TPA3250 somebody is listening?Hide this!Advertise here!