iraud2000 performance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was looking at shopping for sub AMP and came across The iraud2000 which Can do full bridge When in btl .. But I am interested in hearing from people who actually build it and hear the pros and cons .. Iraud2000 is my choice because I have 2 toroidal in stock. They are putting out dual 60v ac and are rated 2 kW each. Also have four Nippon 47000uf 100v.. So why not put them to good use.. Well hope for some feedback on the amps.. Did I mention they are for active sub duty..forgot to mention the module comes in two flavours the standard with irfb4227 and small "sagami" inductor. The deluxe with irfp4227 and a 30 amp inductor.. Price is around 30 dollar more for deluxe.. Worth it.?

Last edited:
Sorry i have no experience with this board. i currently have l30d boards and with modification they sound good. i think the quoted spec's of iraud2000 are at more than 10%thd as they are quoting 350w @8r with 62v rails, output would be closer to 180-200wrms with 62v rails. looks ok otherwise. Greg

I have lots of experience with the irs2092.
Its a bit of a minefield for beginners.
It took me 3 revisions of pcb to get one working well.

A lot depends on the implementation in regards to pcb layout, decoupling etc etc
From the same circuit diagram you can a great sounding amp or a pile of rubbish that blows up on loud passages.

If they followed IR's pcb layout etc then it should be OK.

Thank you guys.. Yes om aware That they specd it with high distortion but still it should be able to do around 500 watt pretty clean.. Also like that it has auxiliary for low power.. Sounds like I just have to close my eyes and jump..say buy one and se what it can do.. Somebody has to be the first to test it... Gonna order now and when it arrives in about 2 years:) I will tell how it performs

Choices choices choices...just saw a local guy who sells a couple of brand new icepower 500a modules for exact the same as the above mentioned modules.. Finished my speakers month ago but not the amps on them would really Like to be done and hear them.. Could icepower pull a 15" jbl 2227 with authority? And it's single supply so have to figure out a way to power them..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.