Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

B&O Icepower 200ASC pictures.
B&O Icepower 200ASC pictures.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2017, 02:36 PM   #1
5th element is offline 5th element  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default B&O Icepower 200ASC pictures.

Hey guys I'm trying to repair a faulty KEF HTB2 subwoofer that happens to revolve around a 200ASC module from B&O.

The faults lie within the power supply section and during the initial failure a chain reaction of destruction occurred where several components failed. The problem here is that upon failing any markings that would otherwise identify said components ended up either charred black or in pieces.

I have scrounged the internet high and low for detailed images of the power section but haven't been able to find very much. A few images here and there, useful as a starting point, but not really enough.

The version that I've got is revision F.

Schematics for this are unobtanium, so if anyone could take some detailed pictures of the power section that would be most appreciated.

What I'm after are the resistor values for the components surrounding the main SMPS controller, I think this is an NPC1203D6, but that was from an image taken of a different revision. Resistor values for both the top side and bottom side are necessary as the destruction spread wide and far!

So far I've replaced the dead transistors, power MOSFET, controller, aux protection zeners and some resistors with what I could make out but no luck. The device fails to start-up and when the aux supply is provided externally it will start (and then continue working when the external supply is removed) but no regulation occurs.
Old 29th September 2017, 03:58 PM   #2
Yatsushiro is offline Yatsushiro  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

May be worth trying http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/ghentxu.html @ Ghent Audio - he seems to cover most things IcePower...
Old 29th September 2017, 11:53 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Excellent I shall give him a shout. Many thanks!
Old 1st October 2017, 10:54 PM   #4
hoka is offline hoka  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

If you still need pictures I can open up my cases and give it a try. I still have two 200asc modules up and running and two 200ac modules with some kind of error (would love to get those working again!)
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:15 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

That would be wonderful! It seems the power supply side of things with these appears to be quite fragile.
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:25 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

OK. i'll do it this evening!
Old 2nd October 2017, 03:26 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Wonderful!

Just so your time isn't wasted when doing so, the photos do need to be done, most likely, in some sort of macro mode as I need to be able to see all the individual numbers on top of the resistors etc.
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:01 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Is this usable?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:03 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

The actual photo has a much higher resolution but I do not know how to post that here, I can send them by normal e-mail.
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:04 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

and please tell me what section of the board you need most or post a picture of your board with the damage visible!

B&O Icepower 200ASC pictures.Hide this!Advertise here!