Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Amplifier for Bluetooth speaker
Amplifier for Bluetooth speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2017, 02:55 AM   #1
eX Radikal is online now eX Radikal  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Amplifier for Bluetooth speaker

Hello, I'm new to the world of portable audio and I'm trying to make a Bluetooth speaker.

So, right now I have 2x10w 4ohm speaker and I need an amplifier to them.
I was thinking to buy a more powerful chip to deliver 2x10w with less THD+N than a simple 2x10w and them somehow, limit the power to not burn the speakers.

Getting in consideration I already have a Bluetooth receiver, that isn't important to the module integrates one.

I'm planning to use a 12v lithium battery (with a step down to power the BT receiver) and wanted it to be possible to charge with USB (so step up to 12v to battery?).

After this little explanation of what I want to do, what amplifier do you recomend for this?

Thanks in advance,
eX Radikal

P. S.: I've searched a little bit the forum before asking this question but came with no answer because everybody talks about too powerful amplifiers or to use in somewhere else but in a small BT speakers.
Old 1st October 2017, 08:26 PM   #2
ZipSnipe is offline ZipSnipe  United States
diyAudio Member

Best bet is to watch some YouTube reviews. I am using this amp for my Bluetooth speaker build TPA3116D2 Module 2*50W+100W 2.1 Channel Digital 12V-24V Audio Amplifier Board
Old 2nd October 2017, 03:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube but my doubt keeps the same.
What speakers are you using on your BT speaker? Can you show some pictures of it too?
Thanks.
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:30 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well I am rethinking the amp to speaker match up but I am currently thinking of using this set up. How ever it might be too much power for the 2 inch speakers so I might go with a less powerful amp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker wiring diagram.jpg (142.6 KB, 473 views)
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:02 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I ended up buying this one. Digital 2.1 Channel Amplifier Board Bluetooth USB Input 50W+50W Stereo 100W im | eBay

I liked how there is space on the circuit board which will hopefully produce a cleaner signal plus it looks like it was a lil bit more quality, It also has the bluetooth built in

Also the power going to the speakers depends on the supplied voltage so if I keep it at 12v I should be good, I also changed my sub woofer from the 100 watt to 20 watt as the lower 12v brings the amp in around 15watts output to the sub

Last edited by ZipSnipe; 2nd October 2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

But you have 6 speakers + subwoofer?
That amplifier, at 12v, how much power can deliver? And THD?
I'm only using 2x 2" 10w 4ohm and pretend to use a 12v lithium battery.
Old 4th October 2017, 12:46 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

So the kool thing about amps like this , is its based upon the power I supply to it. So at 12v input it is out putting less than 35 watts.

THD? I do not what that is

There are plenty of other 2 channel amps that will work for what you want.
This one is not bad either , a lil over powered for what you want

TDA7492 Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver 2Channel Power Amplifier Board 50W+50W N5D8 | eBay

I would also look at pics of the board, and if it looks like stuff is put on there crooked or if its crammed in there, I would pass. I was going with a amp that was half the price, but when I compared the two boards, the board I picked was just so much cleaner looking and well made, but at a higher price.

My original budget was $100 but I am now at $138 but I ended up going for quality over price. And I still might add a crossover to it as I have not found an answer to a question regarding 3 channel amps that have a sub woofer out on them, do I still need a crossover?

But anyway I will start a build thread, I am cutting wood today.
Old 4th October 2017, 12:56 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Well, i think I'll wait for more people to answer me.
Your project seems nice. If you want a 3-way speaker, you will need a crossover between the highs and the mids, because for the sub, the amp have an integrated crossover for it.
Old 6th October 2017, 04:22 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Bump!
For drive 10w speakers, no recomendations? I'm about to buy a TPA3116D2 amp and, somehow, limit their power to not blow the speakers.
Old 6th October 2017, 05:30 AM   #10
Yatsushiro is online now Yatsushiro  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

TPA3110, PAM8406, or TDA7297, may be closer to what you need...

Amplifier for Bluetooth speakerHide this!Advertise here!