Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Amplifier for Bluetooth speaker
Amplifier for Bluetooth speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2017, 06:27 PM   #41
den_hr is offline den_hr  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eX Radikal View Post
Hello,
So, it came the amplifier and I've been testing it. It's absolutely amazing the sound of this thing for 5€ +/-. I've connected it to my 100w speaker with 19v power adapter and the result is awesome without any mod (perhaps needs a little more bass refinement).

Is there any chance to add a LED to know when it's on or not?
Also, to get a little better bass, which capacitors do you recommend to use? These are 4x470uF 50V (original??) Sanyo.
Regarding the LED, the easiest way to do it is to connect the LED to the power supply input - so it lights up when it's under power. Just add appropriate resistor (use any of the online LED resistor calculators...)

As for capacitors, can't help you much with that - but I would change them anyway, since those "SANYO" capacitors are fake in all Chinese amps I've seen so far, and the voltage rating is usually rather optimistic. On some boards those regularly fail within a month...
Use reliable electrolytic caps from reliable vendors, and make them at least 10V over the voltage you intend to use (i.e. use 35V rated if you will use 19V power supply, etc...)

You might also "up" the capacitance a bit - it might help. E.g. if the originals are 1.000uF, use 1.500uF or even 2.000uF - can't really hurt, and extra capacitance might help with bass "impact", since they serve as a power "reservoir" of a kind....

HTH,

Denis
Old 10th December 2017, 05:57 AM   #42
eX Radikal is offline eX Radikal  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Thank you, I'll give it a try.
I need to find/buy new capacitors, can anyone recomend those from eBay or something like that?
Thanks

Amplifier for Bluetooth speakerHide this!Advertise here!