Newbie here , help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a Lepai LP-2020TI for $25. Nice amp but it doesn't have a balance control for the speakers. I had a couple of very old Radio Shack speakers that I used for try out. . One is a lot bigger then the other and I need some way to balance them out.

The Wifey wanted a decent sounding portable rig. She kept buying $100 junkers off off Amazon and sending them back. I keep telling her you can't get a good sound for a $100. So I fired up the Lepai and she was very pleased except for the balance. The Lepai also uses a single tone control so you can't tune each channel separably. Zero problem for matched speakers.

I assume there are not a lot of hacks yet for the TI based 2020. I'll down load the data sheet to see what's there.

This looks like it might be a fun project . Even might build build a couple of small speakers for it if I have time. So far I'm really impressed with the unit. Nice and clear sound, good base and a real buy. I sure was not expecting something this good for $25.00

Anything to watch out for when building speakers for Class D?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.