Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

IcePower 500asp + 500a HELP no sound...
IcePower 500asp + 500a HELP no sound...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2017, 09:12 PM   #1
buck1138 is offline buck1138  United States
diyAudio Member

Default IcePower 500asp + 500a HELP no sound...

I am trying to connect two 500a modules to a 500asp module. I am getting sound from the 500asp module but none from the two 500a modules.

Shared album - Aaron Jones - Google Photos

I am using this wire set on ebay...
DIY Dual(2) ICEpower 500A Cable-set UL quality Silicone cable JST terminal | eBay

I added fuses between the 12v+ (I know, I need to add a fuse on the 12v- too)

I have followed all the icepower manuals for both the ASP and A modules so I am confident that everything is connected properly but I still get no sound from the two A modules.

I have tested that there is 80 volts on the power connector, and 12 volts on the analogue input. I have heard no pops or snaps to indicate I blew something and upon visual inspection I don't see any damage to the amps.

i bought these off ebay so my question is, did I just get two bad modules and I should send them back or am I doing something wrong?

My one thought is that maybe the mute pin needs to be pulled high or something to turn mute off, but the manual makes it sound like pulling the mute pin high is what mutes the modules so it is unmuted by default.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by buck1138; 12th August 2017 at 09:19 PM.

IcePower 500asp + 500a HELP no sound...Hide this!Advertise here!