TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to try connecting the TPA3255 without its input stage - as suggested above. Before doing so I would like to know if that will be safe as (so it has been kindly pointed out to me) "on tpa3255evm whatever you do with the jumpers there is always a connection from the op amps to the last coupling caps and wrong grounding can damage the op amp." Can anybody shed some light on this issue as (obviously) I'd rather not fry the amp.
Thx in advance for your feedback.

This only works with a fully fidderential source for using the board in BTL. If you use the channels in SE, your source also needs to be single ended. You can't have your board running in BTL when using single ended input as the input stage does invert the signal for one channel to supply a differential signal into the TPA.

This only works with a fully fidderential source for using the board in BTL. If you use the channels in SE, your source also needs to be single ended. You can't have your board running in BTL when using single ended input as the input stage does invert the signal for one channel to supply a differential signal into the TPA.

One could, though, run a SE signal through a 10UF cap straight to INPUT A, and run SE ground to INPUT B. Granted, the voltage across OUTPUT A and
OUTPUT B would cut in half, but the op amps would be bypassed.

You basically would have a SE output riding on a 1/2 power supply voltage DC offset.

Weird, but it should work.

From TI :

I have to inform you that this EVM is one of our products that we no longer have on stock in Europe and due to recent changes of EU regulations cannot be currently imported from US. It has to be re-certified for the European market first, therefore, even if you place a new order the fulfillment might take even up to one year.
The only way to purchase this EVM is to check if any of our official distributors still has it on European stock: Electronic Component Search of Authorized Distributors | ECIA.

I can forget the 50%...

Hi,
No email received from TI but I've ordered TPA3255EVM on June 11 and my order status is still "In Work at Fulfillment".
Has someneone got recently an EVM board from TI in France or Europe ?

FYI, the TPA3255EVM is available from mouser.fr.

BR,

Pascal

From TI : I have to inform you that this EVM is one of our products that we no longer have on stock in Europe and due to recent changes of EU regulations cannot be currently imported from US. It has to be re-certified for the European market first, therefore, even if you place a new order the fulfillment might take even up to one year...I can forget the 50%...

Considering your notice sent on June 15th, I was really lucky. I ordered on June 14th 9:14:03 PM and received the module today, delivered from Texas, US. Actually it arrived in Europe on June 20th but customs processing in my place took more time then the intercontinental delivery. At the end free of customs charge due to "evaluation/test specimen" declaration, but connected with more paperwork obviously due to latest customs wrangle between US and EU. Now I am going to read the whole thread thoroughly…;-)

I've been using 3255EVM with the Meanwell LRS-350-48 for a long time, but now I've finally been working on a case the power supply is 1cm too large - aaarggh :rolleyes: Can anyone recommend a physically smaller one with required/recommended features? If necessary I don't mind going down in wattage, I am not using a fraction of the power anyway..

If anybody wants to trade a smaller alternative for the LRS-350-48 I'm ready :) I'm in Europe

I have one power supply from connex for my TPA325.

Switched-mode Power Supply | Connex Electronic

Thanks xlisec, any particular model you find good value? I'd like to implement a power button, then the supply must have a certain feature (don't remember which one), is'nt that right?

I'd sure like to try a connex, but availability on ebay is quite limited. A buy directly from connexelectronic will be very expensive because of all sorts of greetings from customs.

I've been using 3255EVM with the Meanwell LRS-350-48 for a long time, but now I've finally been working on a case the power supply is 1cm too large - aaarggh :rolleyes: Can anyone recommend a physically smaller one with required/recommended features? If necessary I don't mind going down in wattage, I am not using a fraction of the power anyway..

If anybody wants to trade a smaller alternative for the LRS-350-48 I'm ready :) I'm in Europe

You might want to check out this link:

A321-02 ???? ??? ?????(??) 320*100*300????-???

I am using the one in picture 4). Both 3255 and LRS-350-48 fit in nicely. The front panel is 5 mm thick brush aluminum and the chassis is stamped steel. Quality is decent and the price is good.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

You might want to check out this link:

A321-02 ???? ??? ?????(??) 320*100*300????-???

I am using the one in picture 4). Both 3255 and LRS-350-48 fit in nicely. The front panel is 5 mm thick brush aluminum and the chassis is stamped steel. Quality is decent and the price is good.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Thanks, thats kind of you. However since a long time ago I have planned to reuse some old stuff and build everything into below beomasters. I've found 2 of those, need a third one for source, preamp and power amp.

EPP-300-48 is the best candidate I've found.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1703_sm.jpg
    IMG_1703_sm.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Wow! That looks cool!!
I also almost feel like a vandalist removing the old electronics and giving it a new front plate, everything is so nicely made. I hope 3 next to each other will look nice ;-) Its quite easy to find in my country, most families had something more or less similar (B&O and some kind of wood) in the 60s or 70s. I guess they all knew a guy who knew a guy who worked at B&O :)

Well sorry for off topic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.