TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TI Store

Talk about whacky, the TI Store could foul up a one car parade. I ordered a 3255EVM 9/25 using 50% OFF coupon. Including $6.99 for shipping, it came to $82.49, which I “paid” by PayPal. The order was “processing” for weeks before I received an email advising me of 12/29/17 ship date. The unit was delivered 10/25/17.

A week ago I received a terse dunning email advising me of a second collection attempt. PayPay confirmed that two requests by TI Store for payment of $82.49 had been denied due to more than 30 days since transaction. With PayPal’s assurance that I wouldn’t be charged twice, I went to the TI Store site and “paid” again through PayPal.

PayPal notified me of a $6.99 payment to TI Store. The order indicates paid in full. So far this excellent amp has cost me only $6.99, not including aggravation. I’ll wait a couple weeks to see if TI Store corrects its mistake. It wouldn’t surprise me if they treat this as a new order and send another EVM. In any case, I’ll try — but not too hard — to alert TI Store to its error(s).

I love the unit. In 2 channel differential mode fed a balanced signal from a Pono player, the results are spectacular.

I ordered the 3255evm in September when it was out of stock; got the 50% discount and a confirmation. A few days later I got an email from TI stating that delivery would be between Dec 27 and Jan 30; also the 50% off was gone and they listed a completely different unit that wasn't even an amplifier board. I contacted them and they said the 50% off was still part of the order. I decided to cancel the order and notified them. Their response was "do you want to cancel your order?" Yowza. So I notified them again and it was cancelled. When people started receiving their units and raving, I tried to order again but got a message that I could no longer use the 50% off coupon. TI store too flaky for comfort...

Try using a different email address.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.