TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok this is very interesting. would i notice a difference between this (either 3251 or 3255) and the hifimediy t2

Hifimediy T2 Jantzen

i was about to buy one of those, as i have experience of class T amps and i like them. however all the discussion of these amps seems to say "major step forward" etc..

is it worth 2x the cost?

also i note " differential inputs provide best result" what does this mean in practise? i have single sided stuff to feed the amp.

also, anyone who has ordered them, i assume they come from china? so i will have to deal with customs... hifimediy have a customs prepaid shipping option which is very reasonable.

You have the option of buying direct from Ti (in which case it case it ships from the US), or from a local distributor, but you don't get the discount.

They ship/deliver very quickly; a matter of days to the UK.

You have the option of buying direct from Ti (in which case it case it ships from the US), or from a local distributor, but you don't get the discount.

They ship/deliver very quickly; a matter of days to the UK.

ad how much did you pay to customs?im actually in Italy, but i could get shipped to a friend in the uk who is visiting soon.. customs here are awful.

ok so now im very interested.. however being as how there are a million opinions and a million options..

ive got a pair of subs and a pair of dual driver alpair fullrangers i need to power. i was going to go for the hifimediy t2 for the fullrangers, and a beefy 400wpc irs2092 for the subs:

IRS2092 Stereo Class D Amplifier 2x 400W 4 ohms - Audiophonics

i could, possibly just get a pair of the tpa3255 ( they all cost the same right) and save money since they run at the same voltage so i only need one psu.. id have a bit less power for the subs, and too much for the fullrangers (although i could then run those at 16 ohm configuration) , but .. oh who am i kidding.. ive still no idea which amps to choose.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.