Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion
TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2018, 03:59 PM   #261
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

Been there, done that but using 50V instead to have some headroom for the two SE channels. (Boosted from 37V)
Old 15th June 2018, 04:03 PM   #262
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai2000 View Post
I would like to try connecting the TPA3255 without its input stage - as suggested above. Before doing so I would like to know if that will be safe as (so it has been kindly pointed out to me) "on tpa3255evm whatever you do with the jumpers there is always a connection from the op amps to the last coupling caps and wrong grounding can damage the op amp." Can anybody shed some light on this issue as (obviously) I'd rather not fry the amp.
Thx in advance for your feedback.
This only works with a fully fidderential source for using the board in BTL. If you use the channels in SE, your source also needs to be single ended. You can't have your board running in BTL when using single ended input as the input stage does invert the signal for one channel to supply a differential signal into the TPA.
Old 15th June 2018, 04:42 PM   #263
mboxler is offline mboxler  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormord View Post
This only works with a fully fidderential source for using the board in BTL. If you use the channels in SE, your source also needs to be single ended. You can't have your board running in BTL when using single ended input as the input stage does invert the signal for one channel to supply a differential signal into the TPA.
One could, though, run a SE signal through a 10UF cap straight to INPUT A, and run SE ground to INPUT B. Granted, the voltage across OUTPUT A and
OUTPUT B would cut in half, but the op amps would be bypassed.

You basically would have a SE output riding on a 1/2 power supply voltage DC offset.

Weird, but it should work.
Old 15th June 2018, 04:53 PM   #264
diyAudio Member

DC isnt something I want my speaker to have without a blocking cap.
Old 15th June 2018, 08:19 PM   #265
dubai2000 is offline dubai2000  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thx for the input - luckily the amps already sounds pretty good in its original form.
Old 15th June 2018, 11:55 PM   #266
hyped is online now hyped  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
On the contrary, no additional fees paid, delivery by FedEx.

I was amazed they are saying only 7usd for shipping to Australia!
Old 16th June 2018, 08:52 AM   #267
pguerin is offline pguerin  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titu View Post
From TI :

I have to inform you that this EVM is one of our products that we no longer have on stock in Europe and due to recent changes of EU regulations cannot be currently imported from US. It has to be re-certified for the European market first, therefore, even if you place a new order the fulfillment might take even up to one year.
The only way to purchase this EVM is to check if any of our official distributors still has it on European stock: Electronic Component Search of Authorized Distributors | ECIA.

I can forget the 50%...
Hi,
No email received from TI but I've ordered TPA3255EVM on June 11 and my order status is still "In Work at Fulfillment".
Has someneone got recently an EVM board from TI in France or Europe ?

FYI, the TPA3255EVM is available from mouser.fr.

BR,

Pascal
Old 16th June 2018, 09:22 AM   #268
Kay Pirinha is offline Kay Pirinha  Germany
diyAudio Member

Same from Mouser.de, at 139.78, no additional fees.

Best regards!
Old 27th June 2018, 08:46 AM   #269
MBA is offline MBA  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titu View Post
From TI : I have to inform you that this EVM is one of our products that we no longer have on stock in Europe and due to recent changes of EU regulations cannot be currently imported from US. It has to be re-certified for the European market first, therefore, even if you place a new order the fulfillment might take even up to one year...I can forget the 50%...
Considering your notice sent on June 15th, I was really lucky. I ordered on June 14th 9:14:03 PM and received the module today, delivered from Texas, US. Actually it arrived in Europe on June 20th but customs processing in my place took more time then the intercontinental delivery. At the end free of customs charge due to "evaluation/test specimen" declaration, but connected with more paperwork obviously due to latest customs wrangle between US and EU. Now I am going to read the whole thread thoroughly…;-)

TI Class D EVM Board 50% PromotionHide this!Advertise here!