TI Class D EVM Board 50% Promotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks xlisec, any particular model you find good value? I'd like to implement a power button, then the supply must have a certain feature (don't remember which one), is'nt that right?

I'd sure like to try a connex, but availability on ebay is quite limited. A buy directly from connexelectronic will be very expensive because of all sorts of greetings from customs.

I own SMPS300RS power supply. It's 36V version for my TPA3251. I bought it in official connex store. I didn't pay extra customs fees. It is not easy to estimate value of some electronics.

Look at SMPS600RS. It can be good choise for you. TPA3255 is stronger, maybe SMPS300RS can jobs very well, but SMPS600RS is sure and have lower ripple.

I didn't understand of your question about power button. When you want turn amplifier off, you turn off power (230V). I use relay in my project (Stereo receiver based on volumio with kodi : Diy Volumio Projects), because I want controll it with remote control. But I have main power button. It turn off power to my all system. Be carefull it must be double button, it must turn off live wire and neutral wire for safety.

P.S. SMPS600RS have some on/off control on board.

Yes, for an amp board of the 3255EVM's calibre, I would prefer a Connex SMPS600RS over a Meanwell LRS-350, and yes, the Connex is a bit smaller - 112 x 100mm versus 215 x 115mm
... but that Beomaster case has very generous proportions - Google tells me you have a B & O Beomaster 900 - outer dimensions 480H x 250H x 230D.
You already own the Meanwell - surely you can fit it in? I understand there's a sub-frame inside the case which restricts the width of the central section, but maybe with some creative thinking;

- turn the Meanwell on its side - its height is then still modest at 115mm. To maintain ventilation, drill some holes its (new) top panel.

- or keep the Meanwell horizontal, but use some side brackets to raise it up high enough to let one side of the amp board sit slightly underneath it.
The EVM board is 70mm high. The Meanwell is 30mm high. With a 10mm gap, that's a total height of only 110mm.

- or worst case, cut away a section of the Beomaster's sub-frame to create more space.

By the way, I think your Beomaster case is really nice. And I think it's worth making the effort to do a neat job.

You might want to check out this link:

A321-02 ???? ??? ?????(??) 320*100*300????-???

I am using the one in picture 4). Both 3255 and LRS-350-48 fit in nicely. The front panel is 5 mm thick brush aluminum and the chassis is stamped steel. Quality is decent and the price is good.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

How would one go about ordering one of those if they only speak English?

If you mean the 'highpoweraudio' discount code, it looks like it is back in use!

I added a TP3251EVM board to my cart, applied the code and got a 50% discount (or I would have done if I'd have completed the order)

Oh, bloody hell, I would have bought one a couple of weeks ago but the code wasn't working then!

I bought the 3e audio stereo board instead, I'm sure I'll be happy with that but I would have rather bought this for the flexibility of different output options.

Oh, bloody hell, I would have bought one a couple of weeks ago but the code wasn't working then!

I bought the 3e audio stereo board instead, I'm sure I'll be happy with that but I would have rather bought this for the flexibility of different output options.

I was very surprised, as previous recent attempts suggested that the code had expired. However, on Sunday I ordered a TPA3244EVM for $74.50 shipped to France. It shipped yesterday and tracking shows it will be here in Friday!

I also have a 3eAudio board (a TPA3251), so I think you'll be happy with your purchase...

How would one go about ordering one of those if they only speak English?

One can order through a Taobao agent and pay a few extra dollars as handling fee. Or try searching through AliExpress whether the same item is available there. AliExpress is an English version of TB and works like EBay. The down side of ordering from these Chinese sites is that one cannot use PayPal.

Regards,

I own SMPS300RS power supply. It's 36V version for my TPA3251. I bought it in official connex store. I didn't pay extra customs fees. It is not easy to estimate value of some electronics.

Look at SMPS600RS. It can be good choise for you. TPA3255 is stronger, maybe SMPS300RS can jobs very well, but SMPS600RS is sure and have lower ripple.

I didn't understand of your question about power button. When you want turn amplifier off, you turn off power (230V). I use relay in my project (Stereo receiver based on volumio with kodi : Diy Volumio Projects), because I want controll it with remote control. But I have main power button. It turn off power to my all system. Be carefull it must be double button, it must turn off live wire and neutral wire for safety.

P.S. SMPS600RS have some on/off control on board.
Thanks :) The double button was great info and I will check the ps'es. What I had a vague idea about was the inrush current limiting, but I still don't know how important that is. Will read up on it.

Yes, for an amp board of the 3255EVM's calibre, I would prefer a Connex SMPS600RS over a Meanwell LRS-350, and yes, the Connex is a bit smaller - 112 x 100mm versus 215 x 115mm
... but that Beomaster case has very generous proportions - Google tells me you have a B & O Beomaster 900 - outer dimensions 480H x 250H x 230D.
You already own the Meanwell - surely you can fit it in? I understand there's a sub-frame inside the case which restricts the width of the central section, but maybe with some creative thinking;

- turn the Meanwell on its side - its height is then still modest at 115mm. To maintain ventilation, drill some holes its (new) top panel.

- or keep the Meanwell horizontal, but use some side brackets to raise it up high enough to let one side of the amp board sit slightly underneath it.
The EVM board is 70mm high. The Meanwell is 30mm high. With a 10mm gap, that's a total height of only 110mm.

- or worst case, cut away a section of the Beomaster's sub-frame to create more space.

By the way, I think your Beomaster case is really nice. And I think it's worth making the effort to do a neat job.
Thanks :) I believe mine are 900m, they almost look midi size as they are much less deep than modern full size equipment (still 43cm wide though). Inside the subframe I have only 31 x 18 x 10.5cm, and thats after I've moved the below side "walls" as far out as possible. The only way I've managed to lay this 3d puzzle is if the amp stands halfway (2 legs) on top of the meanwell, which I don't like. If I could/wanted to move the big caps below the amp to somewhere else, that would create some more options for a 2-level layout.

But the "drawer" design is excellent for diy, as I can create everything in the inner frame, then push it in the cabinet from the back.

I have a HP 48V brick from some network equipment that I think I'll use for now, to be honest I could'nt really hear any difference at all when moving from that to the meanwell.

But I'll have to look at the Connex'es since you both recommend them :eek:

Thanks again

IMG_1385 (1).JPG

Last edited:
I'll have to look at the Connex'es since you both recommend them
Although I think the Connex supply is a notch better than the Meanwell, don't expect an improvement in SQ - apparently the TPA32xx chips are quite tolerant of power supply noise/ripple/impedance.

Be aware, if not already, that your wooden enclosure does not allow bottom-to-top ventilation. I was going to suggest drilling some ventilation holes on the underside at the front ...
but now I see from your latest photo that the Beomaster facilitates front-to-rear ventilation in the metal-enclosed sections at each side. It's clear that the Beomaster's output transistors and heatsinks were located here.

If it was me, I would try to mount the SMPS in one of these compartments, and the amp board in the other.
Again, sideways mounting might work. Or you could cut out a section of the metal side panel, and project the SMPS and amp board through these cut-outs into the side space.

What are people putting in the fields of 'university/business' name and also 'url' of the aforementioned on the Ti store.?

It is asking me a lot of questions I don't have answers for!

hi

fill in with reall data´s and you will have no problems. TI is allowed to check... so its not a good relation ship to start with lies if you want to have 50% discount:yes:

i put in my company where i am working and i get the TPA3251EVM without problems.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thank you. Successfully ordered with 50pc off. I was on my android phone before but on a pc the field advises to put independent designer.

Order seems to have gone through with free shipping to the UK. So unless I get import duty, will cost me about 60gbp....bargain!

anyone tried it?

If you mean the 'highpoweraudio' discount code, it looks like it is back in use!

I added a TP3251EVM board to my cart, applied the code and got a 50% discount (or I would have done if I'd have completed the order)

Yes I did.
I had to wait till a friend got to the US to bring a board with her for me, because they were not shipping to EU. When she got there I read discount is over....

I just ordered a 3255EVM myself from within the EU (Netherlands) and got the 50% discount and no shipping costs. Now pray that customs is 'nice' for me :)

Thanks for the feedback that the discount code still works.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.