Amplifier for my pc loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I would like to replace my Logitech 2.1 sound system connected to my computer with better loudspeakers and a subwoofer. I bought a cheap 8'' sub and have two Magnat Alu Needle satellites. Could you please help me and tell me what amplifier I should buy? As far as I understand, the TPA3116D2 should not be connected directly to the computer. But what should I connect in between? Thank you :)

Can I recognize this on the built in volume controller?

For the computer to be able to control the volume of an external amplifier it would need to have a digital interface. This one linked above does not. You could use the volume control in your computer and keep the external one set at some convenient level. Or you could use the external control and leave the computer volume at some convenient level. The one that is linked above needs a case and a power supply though.

I would suggest you buy something all ready complete. Something that just needs a wallwart power supply.

For example (there are many if you search, but don't buy a headphone amplifier by mistake, it must state that it's suitable for speakers): http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Douk-Audio-T...929575?hash=item41a91a0767:g:VNYAAOSwAoRXFaSd

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.