Tpa3116 pop/thump when power on/off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I mean what I wrote, it connects the negative outputs of the bridged amp (tpa3116) to ground. Use diyaudio search function for tpa3116/3118 anti pop and you find solutions, speaker protect boards is one option, but two of those linked or one for BTL (bridged) amplifiers.

Found one finally.
They all seem to be AC only,
This one is both.
But it has three speaker outputs, it'll be alright to just use two outputs right?
Maybe be a stupid question but I'm constantly learning

http://m.ebay.com/itm/12V-35V-2-1CH...3A77baf99a15c0a9cc13b7277afffd6439%7Ciid%3A12

@ICG Ahh I see so just have the speakers + to the speaker protection board, and the speakers grounds straight to the amplifier?

Last edited:

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Yes and that also is the problem with these speakerswitches, with no load the outputfilter oscillates and that is what is in first post of tpa3116 thread.

You will have that problem with any speaker protection at this amp. If your board does not last for 3-4s then it's a pretty bad design or bad dimensioned parts. But even for that there's a very, very simple solution: Just let the relais switch between a resistor and the speaker. Problem solved. It's really not that hard.

You could even say the protectionboard will work as intended when connected as intended, and just say the ampboard won't work as intended then, when you raise the volume a little.

You can't use the speakerprotectboard for switching between resistor and speaker.

A very good solution could be a load(zobel) over ampboardoutputs, but answer to original post remains no.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.