100-200 W amp for 16 ohm, up to 500 Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been searching and searching, and cannot decide:
Can the good community suggest the "best" amp for my use?
I have built a 16 ohm transmission line mono "sub" that will cross over to two BG Neo8S. Two 8 ohm speakers are already built into the wall, with hidden cable, so I cannot make it stereo. The Qe is on the high side, so I do not want to connect them in paralell.

100 W in 16 ohm should be plenty.

Qe doesn't change if speakers are wired in series or in parallel. Wiring in parallel will give you many more options for a 100W amp. http://www.cartchunk.org/audiotopics/SeriesSpeaker.pdf

Well, in my case it does: I have one 2,5 mm2 speaker cable that is 10-11 meters long for the sub, and as I explained I cannot replace it. It is hidden inside the wall and roof, and is stuck inside the cable tube.
In my case (two x Morel CAW 938 woofers) paralell connection will increase the Qt from 0,52 to 0,54. Not a great increase, but in my experience the Q is already on the high side.

So, you wonder why I bought woofers with this high Q in the first place? I intended to build normal closed box speakers, and realised later that I could quite easily build transmission lines instead, inside the steel H-bar that holds the roof. This is over a 5 m long glass door, with the mid/highs on either side of the TL, so I am hoping to get a decent sound in a high WAF-factor package.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.