The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

What low jitter implementation?
Never seen any specs on jitter, clocks, fifo or whatever...
Can you give more info? Very interesting...

5.2 Clock
The clock circuit is the same as that used in the CC1 except that the sampling rate is set to 93.75kHz instead of one of the more traditional audio rates. This is specifically done to improve the performance of the SRC chip. An uncommon clock frequency reduces the odds that mix products between the incoming clock and the internal clock fall inside the PLL loop bandwidth of the SRC.

Source : Grimm LS1 White paper.

Grimm uses FIR however !

I must confess to an unconditional preference for Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters. I find it amazing that for an art like crossover design that has been practiced for so many years, it has taken so long before someone finally took time to sit down and work out the correct way of doing it. There is no excuse for anything less than full phase coherence between drivers so that they cross over at -6dB. It just doesn’t get any better. Ever. 4th order roll-off will produce approximately 2nd order electrical slopes, which is enough for power handling.
Next, delay the tweeter to align it with the woofer.
A sure-fire way of telling whether the first step has worked is when the delay corresponds exactly to the horizontal distance between the voice coils. After all, the first step removed group delay caused by the natural roll-off.
Finally, the icing on the cake. The sum of an ideal LR4 system is a second order all-pass with a Q of 0.7. In order to avoid the problems associated with correcting phase exactly, build an inverse all-pass filter based on the theoretical ideal. This filter will be non-causal so there’s a good reason for using FIR.

Source : Grimm LS1 white paper.

Only one Fir for phase correction, but it introduces a lot of latency. You can switch it of for video or audio production.

Hello Guys,

I would like to give an update when we can ship out the Fusion amp.

The Fusion amp has been very well received, the order intake has been much higher as we expected. The first feedback we got from the Beta tester is very, very positive. Unfortunately the current situation in the component market is very bad. Some easy to get components are having unrealistic high lead times, 32 weeks for passive SMT capacitors seems to be common now a days. The reason is the strong electrification of our economy (electric cars, more electronics in cars, windmills, solar panels, IOT, etc.)

Long story short, all components are in our manufacturing facility in Malaysia, the production is running. We expect to have the Fusion amp shipped to the Netherlands half June, internally we need a couple days for the final test and the we will ship out.

We appreciate your patience, the wait is nearly over...

Cheers,

Jan-Peter

Hello Guys,

The Fusion amp has been very well received, the order intake has been much higher as we expected. The first feedback we got from the Beta tester is very, very positive. Unfortunately the current situation in the component market is very bad. Some easy to get components are having unrealistic high lead times, 32 weeks for passive SMT capacitors seems to be common now a days. The reason is the strong electrification of our economy (electric cars, more electronics in cars, windmills, solar panels, IOT, etc.)

Long story short, all components are in our manufacturing facility in Malaysia, the production is running. We expect to have the Fusion amp shipped to the Netherlands half June, internally we need a couple days for the final test and the we will ship out.

Cheers,

Jan-Peter

Owner and founder of Hypex

I must confess to an unconditional preference for Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters. I find it amazing that for an art like crossover design that has been practiced for so many years, it has taken so long before someone finally took time to sit down and work out the correct way of doing it. There is no excuse for anything less than full phase coherence between drivers so that they cross over at -6dB. It just doesn’t get any better. Ever. 4th order roll-off will produce approximately 2nd order electrical slopes, which is enough for power handling.
Next, delay the tweeter to align it with the woofer.
A sure-fire way of telling whether the first step has worked is when the delay corresponds exactly to the horizontal distance between the voice coils. After all, the first step removed group delay caused by the natural roll-off.
Finally, the icing on the cake. The sum of an ideal LR4 system is a second order all-pass with a Q of 0.7. In order to avoid the problems associated with correcting phase exactly, build an inverse all-pass filter based on the theoretical ideal. This filter will be non-causal so there’s a good reason for using FIR.

Source : Grimm LS1 white paper.

Only one Fir for phase correction, but it introduces a lot of latency. You can switch it of for video or audio production.

That exposition of goals is only 50% realistic. A realistic exposition is:
1- Below pass-band: loudspeaker drivers suffer one (or more) 12dB/oct roll-off slope(s), thus 180deg phase jump(s). DSP filter shall undo that in addition to doing ideal phase-matched crossover high-pass.
2- Above pass-band: loudspeaker drivers suffer one (or more) 6dB/oct roll-off slope(s), thus 90deg phase jump(s). DSP filter shall undo that in addition to doing ideal phase-matched crossover low-pass.
3- Front baffle dimensions and shape often alter driver frequency response through pass-band, requiring shelf compensation. Bandpass equalizations are often needed for other peaks/dips.
4- Polar response of different size/type drivers/enclosures does not match through crossover region. Deviation from ideal phase-coherent crossover filters is required for optimization of matching between on-axis and off-axis response. This often implies up to 3dB of on-axis cancellation.
5- Optimum delay between drivers is not the physical distance between sound wave origins. From that ideal value some amount has to be subtracted or added for achieving goal 4.
6- Goals 4 and 5 are actually dependent on speaker placement (corner, wall, free space). A single optimum factory setting does not exist. This has to be tuned by a sound engineer for installation. The opposite is also true: sound engineering can be learned by exploring that problem of tuning.

It is actually possible to derive an algebra for proposing all possible solutions for goals 4,5,6, but I'm not going to enter into the full exposition.

The advantages of DSP in directivity control and sound imaging are only experienced fulfilling these goals. Pro-audio introduces a few more goals.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

Cheers,

Jan-Peter

Thanks for the update! And I hope that the HFD will be reviewed as well!

I really hope the HFD is improved too, as a comparison from 6yrs ago the MiniDSP one was a dream to use. Hypex did promise a Mac version some time ago.

My second plate amp now on order for my right hand full range speaker. At least I can run some subs/woofers if required.

We had also purchased these with the idea to include them in a boombox/table top style hi-fi. With two full range speakers placed 600mm apart, does anyone think its worth exploring the FA122 and just have the stereo down-mixed? Again is this even possible to route with digital inputs?

Hello Guys,

Cheers,

Jan-Peter

What about the other products that are declared to be in stock like the Ncore Amps?

Attachments

• _DSC2388[1].JPG
    _DSC2388[1].JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 712
  • _DSC2389[1].JPG
    _DSC2389[1].JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 689