The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Thanks for all the responses. Tried plugging in both of my FA502 by USB to configure and I don’t even see the USB in device manager with power on and USB connected... Tested on my Mac as well and same issue. what am I missing. Is there an official tech support page I should contact?

Windows device manager? Or do you mean you were unable to detect the plate amp from HFD software? In that case, no green light on the plate amp.

I have two subwoofers with FA502 amps and Peerless STW-350 drivers. I am having problems setting up them in room. I am using LowPass LR4 70Hz for crossover. Main problem is that when measuring/listening both channels at the same time - they cancel them self out. Huge dip in measurements.

I figured out that when I set other one with LowPass LR8 - phase is 180 degrees reversed. Sound and measurements are good.

Is there any other way to invert phase? Delay? I can't reverse drivers cables.

I had some problems with standby mode.. it did not trigger at all. Fans were also spinning even after 8 hours of idle. After I installed them on subwoofer they worked fine.. ??

Tried the btl (bridged) on the FA502 today. This is my experience so far and Im still evaluating these plateamps.

I admit to be abit worried IF something go wrong... so much energy!
Using the plateamp as monoblock in a separate box. My speakers are 8ohm speakers ”bookshelf” from Sonus Faber.

To be honest when only one chanel per monoblock was used I was missing something. Tried alot to compensate in various ways but still not god enough. Even my former Icepower amp sounded better in some ways.

Everything went well with BTL bridge setup.
Im so happy now. My speakers are driven like never before. Wow!

Mafix :)

I'm toying between selling off my DLCP & fusion amps and just getting a good balanced pre and using some NC500MP's with a DAC. Or invest a bit more time and get the system running as I want.

How do the DAC's in the fusions (& dlcp's) stack up against other, I have been looking at the budget end, Schiit Bifrost territory.

How do the DAC's in the fusions (& dlcp's) stack up against other, I have been looking at the budget end, Schiit Bifrost territory.

According to spec sheets (THD, S/N etc.), which i think is quite accurate for both manufacturer and reviews confirms this, the Hypex stuffs comes out as winner against the Bifrost for example.

Last edited:
Hi All
i have no output signal for measurement.

What i have: Hypex Fusion FA 253, new MAC Mini with Parallels, Focusride Scarlett Solo, Dayton EMM-6 with correction file installed.

I run the Speakers half active with passive Filter. So i want to juse the DAC and Amp.

I need to adjust the Tweeter level and i want to control that with the HFD.

Somehow i can`t get any sound out of the Speaker. The mic records the noise. I get on every Channel the same results.

What do i miss out? I did not adjust to anything like a special Gain setting.

I tryed gain on the Scarlett and the Plateamp- nothing.

Can somebuddy help with an advise how to set up this? OH- I`m far away from expert

Hi All

i run my 3-way Speakers half active with passive filter and the Hypex FA 253.

I use all 3 Channels but i realised the Tweeter plays lower lever than the rest. I could measure this with a borrowed Umic and REW and compare it to an old Rotel Amp.

Maybe i made an mistake with the Ohm setup in the HFD.

However i have an new MAC Mini with Parallels, Scarlett Solo, Dayton EMM-6 with correction file and HFD.

But i can`t get any sound out of the Speaker. The mic records a room noise. Equal on all 3 Channels.

I did not do anything an the Gain at HFD. It is 0.

I tried to set the Gain via Scarlett and the Remotecontrol.

What do i missing here? Do i need another driver, app or a different settup in HFD?
Would be thankfull for any help as i´m not an expert

I am thinking about a high performance 2 way system and wondered about the performance and sound quality of the Hypex FusionAmp FA502 board?

Be interested to read comments on sound quality?

I run the FA253 and they sound pretty transparent to me. I used to go direct from DAC to tripath amp. Making the switch to FA253 gave a lot more grip/power in the lower registers. Did not notice a reduction in sound quality due to the ADC/DAC conversion.

With low spl listening they still sound good.

Seemed like a good trade off to simplify my setup yet maintain the flexibility of active 3-way for the LCR while gaining the ability of multichannel. Glad I did it.

now i leared a bit more and know roughly how to put biquads.

but i still habe no clou how to rise the Tweeter channel level. I need aprox 6db.

I tryed to load via preset 3 to copi into preset 1 with no result. Maybe the Scarlett playing trick on me?

Somebody an Idea?

On the left hand side is a "gain" field. Instead of 0 set it to +6 and reload the PRESET to the fusion amp.