Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps
The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2018, 11:52 AM   #661
hugo stiglitz is offline hugo stiglitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
It's the remote receiver also.....
Yeah I copied that mate.. I am just pissed that you didn't include it in the amps as a standart
Old 3rd June 2018, 12:00 PM   #662
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

For the record:

I do not work at Hypex, I am just the betatester and sometimes Hypex integrates my ideas in their products. But as you can see if you look closely at the pictures, you can connect led's without the remote kit......
Old 4th June 2018, 08:00 AM   #663
Leliks is offline Leliks
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
For the record:

I do not work at Hypex, I am just the betatester and sometimes Hypex integrates my ideas in their products. But as you can see if you look closely at the pictures, you can connect led's without the remote kit......
is there a datasheet on signals from this reciever to the plate? I want to build encoder for volume and need to send signals somewhere.
Old 7th June 2018, 06:58 PM   #664
TimbreAudio is offline TimbreAudio  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, @ds23man, how do these new units sound? Any observations you can share before they ship?
Old 7th June 2018, 08:14 PM   #665
jmansion is offline jmansion  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leliks View Post
is there a datasheet on signals from this reciever to the plate? I want to build encoder for volume and need to send signals somewhere.
I asked and was refused. :-(
Old 8th June 2018, 08:20 PM   #666
hugo stiglitz is offline hugo stiglitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmansion View Post
I asked and was refused. :-(
I really find Hypex policy in generell very dislikable ... they should be more aware of the big DIY community who buys their products and hence keep their business up to a certain extend. And we want such things!
Not everyone is a plug&play-not-asking-question Hi-Fi customer.
I hope Jan-Peter reads this
Old 10th June 2018, 05:57 PM   #667
triode_al is offline triode_al  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leliks View Post
Well, there is someone who inserted an analyser in between and found out
Off course the vendor does not make an open platform. Then it is bye-bye for support, and these people are very good in after sales I got from feedback.
Kan ik niets lelijks in vinden.
Old 11th June 2018, 08:17 PM   #668
TimbreAudio is offline TimbreAudio  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

So I am beginning to prep my audio system for the hopeful arrival of the new Fusion plate amps. I have a pair of Alpair 10 bookshelf speakers and hope to utilise the extra channel to run some low level reinforcement, with some Beyma 10" drivers.

I am running digital from a Mac Pro, currently via USB but this isn't supported on the new fusions, does it matter if I pick optical or spdif co-axial or should I use some for of USB - digital converter?

I plan on connecting a turntable, this will run into the phono's. Other than stretching the audio cables a few feet to the left and to the right to run the inputs, is there anything else to note?

Lastly is there a best practice for using Macs and the new fusion kit in general and is there a recommended way of utilising a microphone to implement a flat frequency response, I know the behringher mic and REW importing into the HFD was how they suggested before.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th June 2018, 06:09 AM   #669
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbreAudio View Post
Hi all,

So I am beginning to prep my audio system for the hopeful arrival of the new Fusion plate amps. I have a pair of Alpair 10 bookshelf speakers and hope to utilise the extra channel to run some low level reinforcement, with some Beyma 10" drivers.

I am running digital from a Mac Pro, currently via USB but this isn't supported on the new fusions, does it matter if I pick optical or spdif co-axial or should I use some for of USB - digital converter?

The optical output of the Mac should be fine, insert it in the masterplate and the other channel is transfered through the spdif cable to the slave plate

I plan on connecting a turntable, this will run into the phono's. Other than stretching the audio cables a few feet to the left and to the right to run the inputs, is there anything else to note?
I presume you use a phono pre amp?

Lastly is there a best practice for using Macs and the new fusion kit in general and is there a recommended way of utilising a microphone to implement a flat frequency response, I know the behringher mic and REW importing into the HFD was how they suggested before.

You need Windows 7 or up to use the Hypex software. A measurement system is integrated in the software, no need for REW.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th June 2018, 07:19 AM   #670
Jan-Peter is offline Jan-Peter  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The first shipment is comming..., unfortenately they are 'celebrating' some public holidays, Thursday, Friday and next Monday in Malaysia...

Today is leaving 150 units...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180613_144606.jpg (606.1 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180613_144652.jpg (689.0 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180613_144734.jpg (647.9 KB, 344 views)

The New Hypex Fusion Plate ampsHide this!Advertise here!