The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

So maybe there's hope? Gotta change to an all active system asap :D

Yes she can be yours with these Hypex plates!

Attachments

• Speaker woman.jpg
    Speaker woman.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,707
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I hope it will be programmable with SigmaStudio and not just offer a limited choice of filters selectable through some customised GUI.

Regards

Charles

I think they developed their own very nice GUI. Far better than the old system. There's Ethernet ports on them, so just connect to the network, and log in via browser.

1 thing I would really like to see in them is connectivity via Audio over IP. But doesn't look that that's going to happen. Audinate just announced the very first AES67 complaint AOIP ASIC chip today. This should be a game changer as well for active speakers. Only problem is it's limited to 24/96 PCM.

Audinate Introduces New Dante Broadway Networking Chip for Mainstream Audio Applications

The beauty of AES67 is you can clock sync 1000's of channels within a couple nanoseconds with the grandmaster clocking scheme. I would like to know how Hypex is clock syncing these plates. The last generation of plates weren't right when using the AES/EBU and daisy chaining to the other channel. The reclocker chip added just enough latency to put them off. Messed up the sound stage. They were much better via the analog inputs. But that added a bunch of noise and extra processing into the path.