The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Especially with your planned plate amps :)

Well my unit's are going to be extremely high end and expensive. Might be overkill for your church :) The intention with them is to push audio to higher levels than ever before. Starting price for a pair will be around $10000. And there will be clock upgrade options to take the price much higher. Base clock's will be the Pulsar.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/258789-pulsar-clock-ultra-low-noise-ocxo.html

Highest end clock option will have a phase noise like this:

Attachments

• Superblock Phasenoise.PNG
    Superblock Phasenoise.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 368
This just after it was noted that even copper ethernet is pretty immune to noise and is galvanically isolated (as long as shielding isn't connected at both ends). So what is the noise path into the plate?

I mean't shielded from the AC with that particular cable. The noise gets passed from the switch, and anything else noisy connected to the switch. I know Ethernet in theory is galvaniclly isolated, but in reality it can still pass noise through. That's why they sell LAN isolators. Anyways Fiber is the best way. Noise can't pass through the glass. Only the data.

Well my unit's are going to be extremely high end and expensive. Might be overkill for your church :) The intention with them is to push audio to higher levels than ever before. Starting price for a pair will be around $10000. And there will be clock upgrade options to take the price much higher.

It's not MY church - over the years I somehow came to do more church sound than rock music.
Well, this price would make every priest have an instant heart attack when being quoted :p

And besides, it's one of my main goals to rid them of these horrible "Schallzeile" that are so widely used.

Correct me if I'm wrong: even after galvanic isolation on the output side, there is still some connection to the supply?

The noise can still pass through the Ethernet cable. Trust me on this. The best possible solution is to build the fiber transceiver right into the unit. This ensures no possible way of external noise getting into the system. And nobody can argue about that.

I mean't shielded from the AC with that particular cable. The noise gets passed from the switch, and anything else noisy connected to the switch. I know Ethernet in theory is galvaniclly isolated, but in reality it can still pass noise through. That's why they sell LAN isolators. Anyways Fiber is the best way. Noise can't pass through the glass. Only the data.

LAN isolators exist because of requirements for high-voltage galvanic isolation in stuff like medical instruments. Once something exists, the audiophile industry will misappropriate it. :)

Ethernet is galvanically isolated through small transformers ("magnetics"). They will block DC and low-frequency (hum) noise. Higher-frequency noise superimposed on the signal will get through - but is pretty well blocked by the input stage of the ethernet electronics.

LAN isolators exist because of requirements for high-voltage galvanic isolation in stuff like medical instruments. Once something exists, the audiophile industry will misappropriate it. :)

Ethernet is galvanically isolated through small transformers ("magnetics"). They will block DC and low-frequency (hum) noise. Higher-frequency noise superimposed on the signal will get through - but is pretty well blocked by the input stage of the ethernet electronics.

Yes in theory Ethernet is perfect. But rather than argue with people, I just put fiber inputs on my gear. Arguing about noise passing through copper Ethernet is only something people do that don't have gear with fiber inputs. I try to stay clear of those arguments. :)

Another game changer? :)

Industry consolidation can be good, but can also reduce choice and hold back innovation.

Well as long as they still offer the full line of products, and make better ones by combining IP, it shouldn't be so bad. The LT30xx series regulators are the best monolithic regulators I've ever tried. The difference between the TI TPS7A47, and the LT3042 powering everything on my DAC board was massive.

Mike,
You started the thread with announcing a Hypex plate amp not available for DIY.
Then you suggest all possible modifications for still to arrive Hypex Fusion plate amps.
You wil do this....plan to do so....telling what others do wrong....and so on...but you've got still nothing for the time being...
I have never seen this from a "manufacturer", and actually, to me at least it's becoming a bit boring.
Why not hold back a little and surprise us with something you finished??