TPA3251 2Ch Amplifier Board DIY Design (Compact size/Amazing Performance)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yogilla62: matt_garman is right. Two terminal on both sides reduces cable mess in DIY applications. You can connect power from left or right side. It's nice feature.

Connectioning two power supplies in parallel is not good idea. They must give same volatge in every case (uder load, uder high temperature, ...).

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hello guys.

I have a 3e 3255 for my front end and have placed an order for their 3251 3 channel amp so I have my 5 channels of HT .

All the documentation from 3e and nearly all from Ti don't make mention of 8ohm loads. Are there any significant issues with using this 2.1 board with 8ohm speakers?....apart from bit getting all the power obviously.

Thanks

i have quite a few of them. 2x tpa3251 3x tpa3255 1x tpa3250. Best tpa325* boards from china. the finsihed in melte box tpa3251 amps are now cheap skating and using cheaper than prev caps. e3 after first batch seamed to switch to what i guess is cheaper caps :( but other wise been constant in quality. a cap on 1 or 2 mine had some mess on it, not sure what that seamed to spilled on the pcb. amp works though. i would get them again, current tpa3255 board now has socketed pre amps and though hole caps. they do get warm during use so, don't seal in a peli case like i did with my first 2 amps. doh! i was used to tpa3116 not having so much waste heat! my silly mistake. i use them for PA. so i am pushing them hard for many hours. when i have a rare event.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.