ICEpower 50asx2 btl

Hello! I am currently doing an ICEpower 50asx2 btl to repair. I would need the time of the C 201 times. Unfortunately, there is no plan for these modules. I hang a picture to which component I mean.

C 201 between Elko an Diodenbridge

scheda10.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I also have a question about this module.

What is the 6 legs thing above P102 Input connector. Labeled L100 in the manual. Mine is cracked and no sound.

Attachments

• ice.png
    ice.png
    663.4 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 3.18.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 3.18.14 PM.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 978
Last edited:
same mistake in my module

Hi I also have a question about this module.

What is the 6 legs thing above P102 Input connector. Labeled L100 in the manual. Mine is cracked and no sound.

I have exactly the same amplifier module, and the same mistake: visually broken L100, no sound, but all voltages are correct.
(module: ICEpower 50ASX2 )

Did you successfully exchange the broken part, a three line choke, as one meber guessed?

Axel from Germany

Hello,
I own 3 icepower 50ASX2 SE amplifiers.
2 of them are defective after a few months of use, and both have the same visible problem : a component (labelled C201 on the connection diagram in the Datasheet) has burnt.

Did you manage to replace that component ? what is it ?

Attachments

• Defective 50ASX2 SE.jpg
    Defective 50ASX2 SE.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 758
I have one who does give signal out but when connecting a speaker it will stop working, known problem? I see the ic, are custom made so repair is difficult. I do not now about a 8RX1 or 7XX5. So repairing it is impossible.

Very small output cap,s for resonant supply? just 470uF. Seems a free running supply.

It is coming from a subwoofer.

No, I have not fixed L100 yet. I would like to know if someone has successfully replaced it with the other parts.
I am preparing to undertake this procedure and will present my results here. I guess that I have managed to find a part which can replace the one I have destroyed by mistake.
I am ordering the replacement part from Mouser, so expect delay about three weeks before I come back with some info.

Hello,
I own 3 icepower 50ASX2 SE amplifiers.
2 of them are defective after a few months of use, and both have the same visible problem : a component (labelled C201 on the connection diagram in the Datasheet) has burnt.

Did you manage to replace that component ? what is it ?
Dear herve34, my guess is that this component is a simple capacitor going from one AC leg of bridge rectifier to the ground. As far as I can see it, there are two of them. One is near the bridge rectifier and that is the one burned from your picture, and the other one is on the other side of board, where you can clearly see that is connected between one AC input and ground.

https://electronics.stackexchange.c...-extra-capacitors-around-the-bridge-rectifier

Now, the question one should ask is why they have burned on two different boards? Voltage too high?

Attachments

• 20220628_121630.jpg
    20220628_121630.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 122
  • 20220628_121647.jpg
    20220628_121647.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 121
Dear herve34, my guess is that this component is a simple capacitor going from one AC leg of bridge rectifier to the ground. As far as I can see it, there are two of them. One is near the bridge rectifier and that is the one burned from your picture, and the other one is on the other side of board, where you can clearly see that is connected between one AC input and ground.

https://electronics.stackexchange.c...-extra-capacitors-around-the-bridge-rectifier

Now, the question one should ask is why they have burned on two different boards? Voltage too high?
Are you sure that the modules are genuine ICEPower modules? Agedhorse on both the US Talkbass And UK Basschat forums has said that there are many fake ICEPower moduLes from China and the often go faulty. In addition,this module has to be fan cooled to get full power. Mine is not, but the only thing that happens is a short time shut down, 2-3 seconds.
I have three of the SE modules but they areare not with me at the moment. I will try to check a good one to measure the component.

One final comment. Put a real replaceable fuse on the two auxiliary power lines. They are easier to replace than the onboard fuses in case of a short.

I happen to have this module with me, so if anyone can shed a light into how to recognise original from false one, please advise.

This one is under repair because I have noticed that one channel was in abundance with oscillations, which were influencing preamp too. Unfortunately, during testing I wanted to check this again which led to me effectively bringing output to input of channel 1, cracking L100 and leaving this channel now silent.

I have such a module, but do not work, as the owner say it does stop when put a speaker on, the supply
however does fine. becuase the parts are unknown I can not repair it easely.

Maybe it is a known error, or need i to connect something on P102.
P102, as one can seen from manual, is for two inputs and three protection lines: thermal protection, overcurrent and enable. Depending of the design of other modules, they can be used as an information only towards other circuits (as they are internally connected to the main chip) , so I am not sure that it is important to have those lines connected when testing.

In your case, can they try this module with some other speaker, proven to be in full working order?

Last edited: