ICEPower A-series input voltage questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all,

equipment - miniDSP U-DAC8 (https://www.minidsp.com/images/documents/Product Brief-U-DAC8.pdf) from USB-CPU. 2v RMS output, 560ohm

500asp (rev H if i recall) with two 500a hangers (rev G)

question: i cannot seem to find the input voltage for the A modules anywhere. i can find the input impedance is 8kohm over the audio range, so i believe the impedance matching is acceptable. not sure if there should be anything in between the UDAC8 and the amp input. perhaps some pot or opamp?

i'm fairly a newbie, so any additional information, links, resources that can assist i would be more than happy to research

thanks again!

The input voltage isn't specified, but can be calculated based on your desired output voltage/power and the gain of the modules (27.x dB nominal). This would also give an indicator of whether you need additional gain (not likely for normal applications).

I can't see if there is a volume control in the MiniDSP or if you have a digital volume control somewhere else in the chain, but if not and you need an analog volume control, then it should probably be followed by a buffer to ensure that you have a high-ish impedance towards the DAC (the pot) and a low-ish impedance towards the ICE amps (the output impedance of the buffer stage).

/U.

thanks, i'm wanting to make sure that i'm not clipping the signal into the ICEPower modules.

as for volume control, windows is my volume control. i have 3 outputs from the UDAC8 to these modules for MBM drivers, then the rest going into my Denon which i have the volume set to 0db. the i'm using EAPO to equalize, channel mix, level match, etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.