Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

audible hum with two Sure TA2024 boards on same source
audible hum with two Sure TA2024 boards on same source
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2016, 02:05 PM   #11
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk 182 View Post
and i wish people would stop using low impedance source outputs like Ipods and there ilk as a source device across amp inputs that are designed as line level and wonder why they are having problems or thinking it sounds good.

and what makes you think the pre out's on the receiver are isolated?
What's the point here? Apple products, Iphone4+ have pretty descent output DACs. If the amplifier can't deal with this, it's not the sources fault.
Old 29th December 2016, 02:07 PM   #12
HumbleDeer is offline HumbleDeer  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I think that every one of those small chip amps has a "sync" line. If you put the correct resistor between the two chips, you can have them natively sync their clocks.

The same thing is done with the cheap TPA-based amps on Ebay. Those amps also have such sync line. Sadly, they don't use it very often or appropriately

This amp has 2 chips which is similar to 2 seperate chips, somewhat.

https://youtu.be/16k4goWRT4o
Old 31st December 2016, 11:36 PM   #13
Hybrid fourdoor is offline Hybrid fourdoor  United States
diyAudio Member

Ya I had watched that video actually before I bought the boards, but I couldn't find anything about it for this chip.

Anyways, I ended up using 2 separate supplies and the buzz/hum is completely gone. So it has to do with sharing the power.

How can I strip "AC" out of the power? put an inductor inline, or would a capacitor across the red and black be better?
Old 31st December 2016, 11:40 PM   #14
djoffe is offline djoffe  United States
diyAudio Member

You need both. Now, there's probably already some bypass capacitance on the board, so the inductance by itself would be a good start.
Old 1st January 2017, 09:31 AM   #15
Grib is offline Grib  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid fourdoor View Post
Anyways, I ended up using 2 separate supplies and the buzz/hum is completely gone. So it has to do with sharing the power.
Did you try that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib View Post
You should probably try to split the ground of the PSU before reaching any of the boards.
So that each board has a ground wire coming to it, and no board act as a ground splitting point.
Old 5th January 2017, 02:54 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

I used a DC power Y cable that had 2x 2.1mm connections. I tried that from one supply and the pulsing sound was only audible if you put your ear right on the driver. But it was there none the less.

I stepped up to an 18.5V laptop supply and gave each amplifier module its own LM7815 15V regulator. With this, the high pitched pulsing was completely gone and only a faint <normal> hiss could be heard.

So I solved the problem.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 5th January 2017, 03:47 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Oh and if you were wondering I checked the amperage of the board before going the regulator route. At idle and low volume it used 65mA (0.065A). At comfortable volumes it used 71mA. This was with both channels driven into an 8 ohm load.

audible hum with two Sure TA2024 boards on same sourceHide this!Advertise here!