TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I had a PCB made for my preamp / volume control and it sounds really good :)

It uses a TI PGA2311 which is powered by ultra low noise TPS7A49 and TPS7A30 regulators. I use a MSP 430 to interface with the PGA2311 and a Grayhill optical encoder is used as the use interface (volume up / down push for mute control). The attenuation / gain provided by the PGA2311 is displayed on a OLED display with a bar below it to indicate relative attenuation / gain out of the possible dynamic range.

Attachments

• 20161101_170106.jpg
    20161101_170106.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 900
  • 20161102_090408.jpg
    20161102_090408.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 807
Since there's very little activity on the TPA3255 other than this thread please permit me to ask the following question: The amplifier is rated by TI to work with 2-8 ohm speakers. As I have a few 16 ohm vintage speakers that I like to listen to is the TPA3255 unsuited to driving these speakers? Are they not enough load?

tpa3255 amplifier module test activities

Bother everyone!

Thanks for the member supports! we have received over 20 member testing request, so we decide to open the test activities,

Welcome more of the memeber to become our testing team member, sure we can make this amplifier better and better.

Please complete your contact message , we will start sample shipping from next week.

About sample cost, testing member only need bear the material cost and shipping cost, we will selelct EMS express way to delivery the goods, we have concluded preferential agreements with the EMS ,so the shipping cost lower and it is safe way to the customers all of the world.

If you have any other good suggestions, please let us know, we will find perfect way to process it quickly.

TPA3255 CHIP G6H AMPLIFIER MODULE

Can someone explain what is included in the testing material (psu, etc?) and what needs to be soldered and/or purchased extra (RCA soldered, purchase PSU)? And what is the cost?

hello, jencelo.

1kW high efficiency PSU and TPA3255 amp all in one board, no others necessary, we will arrange RCA connector with 30cm signal wire together.

Testing module price lower, we will get final cost within this week.

TKS!

hello, jencelo.

1kW high efficiency PSU and TPA3255 amp all in one board, no others necessary, we will arrange RCA connector with 30cm signal wire together.

Testing module price lower, we will get final cost within this week.

TKS!

Thanks! Will be waiting for the price then.

Can you also post a photo of what is going to be sent?

Last edited:
I finally completed my project.

Essentially I built an amp which houses the TPA3255EVM and a 650W PSU @ 48V (I will never use it near full power). I drive the TPA3255EVM via a volume control PCB which I designed myself and it also gives a readout to the LCD display on which the attenuation of the input signal is displayed. There is a knob for volume control which can be pushed in to mute and two additional PODs to control PSU and case fans respectively.

I also made some speaker stands from PVC pipe, threaded rods and offcut wood I had laying around. They support my Monitor audio bronze 2 speakers.

All in all I am very happy with the project. The sound is very clean and packs good punch. The PSU makes an audible noise but it is not too loud.

Attachments

• 20161215_140729.jpg
    20161215_140729.jpg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 879
  • 20161215_140738.jpg
    20161215_140738.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 850
  • SStands.jpg
    SStands.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 833
Nice speaker stands. How do you keep them stable? Do you have a steel rod inside the PVC pipe?

Yep. Drawings of the original design attached. I wanted to use two layers of laser-cut acrylic but this was rather expensive for a one-of so I opted to use wood instead which I covered with a rubber mat.

Attachments

• Speaker1.jpg
    Speaker1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,162
  • Speaker2.jpg
    Speaker2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,050
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.