TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I paid 25% VAT and 24$ customs handling fee. All included I paid 289$

I have read a lot about sinewave and just had to try this out.
Unfortunatly there is a very high pitch noise from the PSU. It's so high that I can't really evaluate the amplifier. I have send a message to the company, and hope for a replacement soon.

Two Audiopower MDA400 is around 300$ plus freight. It's not a fair comparison I know. But the price difference is not that big, when you consider the quality and more power of the Audiopower amplifier.

Last edited:
Ah with no load isn't a surprise. Switching supplies tend to go into burst or discontinuous condition mode during light loading. This can bring switching or parts of the switching into the audible band.

The easiest way around this would be to load the output of the PSU with a suitably sized resistor, say load it with 10 additional watts, or however much is enough to bring it into normal operation.

Exit G3H PSU standby mode

Hello, everyone.

If you can not accept the G3H standby mode hitckup noise, please help us to skip this mode, (like our G300V21, we use one load resiter at 50V Vcc.)

You can solder one 3W/510R or 5W/330R resister to the main DC line, the position show below photo. of course standby power consumption increase, and amp case warm

Thanks for the 5th element reminder, we omit the load resiter in G3H, G300V21 have this load resister,aim to save more energy .

Our new G6H moule with TPA3255 chip +1KW PSU have completed, we will select 10 diyaudio members to test it, you only bear the board cost and shipping cost, if like ,please send private message to me.

TKS

Attachments

• out of standby.JPG
    out of standby.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 902
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.