Most quiet simple class D board with no BT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently building a box with 2x RS100 drivers. I wanted a simple non bluetooth board with no noise issues. Initially I wanted BT but now I am uncertain. If there was a simple BT board with no noise issues I would go for it. However, I can't seem to find any newer board that has both audio in and BT and no noise issues.

For non BT, XH-M190 TDA3116D2 has been mentioned but not sure if it has background hiss. Since I am buying new, I don't want to need to modify a board. The only mods I might consider are adding a bluetooth module. (if there is a simple tutorial for that please provide a link).

2x100W XH-M190 TPA3116 2-Channel Digital Audio Amplifier Board 12V-24V

This second board is Sanwu but I also don't know if it has noise issues.

If anyone can confirm these are noise free, please let me know.

TPA3116 Digital Two Channel Stereo Audio Power Amplifier Board Module 2 50W X9X7 | eBay

I've now used 3 types of TPA3116 (YJ Blue, Audiobah clone and ChengZhi) and 2 types of TDA7498, all with no noticeable noise.

I run the TPA3116s at 19/24v and the TDA7498s at 32v with SMPS. I think a lot of the reported noise is due to the power supply and/or installation.

I have a "WLZ/Breeze" - yellow board and the "dual chip" - only mine has one long heatsink. Neither has any real noise issues. It does depend on your speakers however. Higher efficiency speakers will make more of any noise.

My TPA3118s, "Sanwu Blues" do give a little noise through the woofer. But they are still at 36dB gain running into a 90-91dBA woofer.

All of the above boards thump like scared rabbits when the foxes are in town.

I am more concerned about the amp. Have heard many of the TPA3116 boards had noise (both with and without bluetooth). But this may be the older ones. Hard to know.

I bought a $5 TPA3116 board and it's dead quiet. I did do a few small mods to it before I ever powered it up for the first time, but I don't think they had any effect on noise (supply caps, input caps, output inductors).

I am going to try out a couple of boards. If my speaker build goes as planned, I can see building another 2 or 3 for family gifts.

The more I think about it, if bluetooth adds zero noise and someone knows of a decent board with both, I should probably try one out. At first, I was thinking I need the latest 8645 chip that supports AptX but I will rarely use BT. As long as the CSR8635 versions don't sound horrible on BT, I would like the option.

One thing I noticed is many BT boards are set up to make push button vol and other controls. I see no need for a volume control. With BT, it is software controlled, with RCA, it would be the input device (Mp3, or soundcard etc).

A question I have is regarding the boards with BT and Aux in. I assume that you can just leave the RCAs plugged in at all time and that if you initiate a BT connection, it overrides that. But I wanted to make sure that is how the majority of them work in real life.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.