SANWU TPA3116 + CSR8635 Bluetooth 4.0 - Noise Fix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How to fix/remove/bypass the (unneeded) Diff2SE stage:

attachment.php

Keep wires (per channel) close together. Every component with an X needs to get removed.

Attachments

• Unknown_brand_V3.1_TPA3116_SEDIFF_FIX_360customs.jpg
    Unknown_brand_V3.1_TPA3116_SEDIFF_FIX_360customs.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 3,272
Does anybody know of a good way to add a potentiometer to these tpa3116 boards? Ideally the volume knob would control the gain for the line input and bluetooth input. Would it be as simple as removing the resistor that set the initial gain and adding a 10k pot?

Also its been forever, but thanks to your help doctormord I am now able to program the bluetooth chips on these boards. I am amazed at the capability of them. Thanks again!

I would be interested too in any links/posts on how to program the bluetooth chips.

By the way, I got some sanwu 7294 modules that have very little noise compared to the first ones- but they look absolutely exactly the same! This means there is a way to fix the problem by the factory. On the other hand the nobsound 3116 2.1 channel "audiophile" module has a lot of bluetooth static but there is no way to mod it since the preamp section is different. I tried the doctormord mod on the noisy 7294 boards but despite my 15 year diy audio soldering experience I ended up either lifting the solder pads or some other damage to the board. Just know these pads cannot take more than 1 or 2 interventions.

Last edited:
Sorry to almost raise this one from the dead but someone posted on page 2 about a YJ board very similar to mine (but mine doesn't have tone controls and is stereo only). But I wasn't able to glean a fix from his post. Amp is from here: Yuan Jing Audio - TPA3116 Class-D Stereo Amplifier Board [50W x 2] + Bluetooth V4.0 - USD $32.25

This board is a bit different from the Sanwu ones so I was hoping someone could give some pointers on getting rid of the hiss and turn on pop. The output from the bluetooth module goes thru 10K resistors and then in the SGM358 opamp. This is different from the Sanwu one that has capacitor and resistor before the opamp. I don't know enough about electronics to know if it's safe to bypass the opamp.

This board has some other really strange issues like the phase is reversed on one of the outputs and the bluetooth beeping sounds are always at 100% volume. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Thanks fellas.
yj-tpa3116-front.jpg

yj-tpa3116-back.jpg

Hello,

i have got a tda7492 v3.8 and i fixed the annoying POP sound at start with the help of you from another thread so thanks for that. but i still got a HISS sound while playing. when listening to music i cant hear it. when im listening to some youtube videoes like here:
YouTube

im hearing next to his voice the hiss sound, which i want to remove. my tda7492 doesnt got the line in.

i hope those pictures are high resolution enough:

20180112_204050.jpg

20180112_204235.jpg

20180112_204249.jpg

20180112_204903.jpg

There also is a thread for removing the hiss with the TDA Bluetooth amps as well. Bypassing the opamp stage is pretty much the same for TPA31XX and TDA7492 boards.

I wonder if the DCM8633 is a genuine CSR part, as it isn't listed on the official lineup.

hi,

thanks for your replay. do you mean this fix :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...g-sound-power-tda7492p-amp-4.html#post4869222

if yes, at my board there are 2 caps missing. at the picture you posted in the other thread from top the first you marked is missing at my board (a blanc space is there) and also there are only 5 caps at the bottot and not 6 on my board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.