Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Iraud 350 problems :(
Iraud 350 problems :(
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2016, 06:33 AM   #11
phase_accurate is offline phase_accurate
diyAudio Member

You don't need to reproduce 20 Hz just to try if it works. I didn't mean to use a cap as the final solution. Just to try whether the problem is caused by the DC current and if the amp is working fien otherwise. I would fake a non polarised capacitor by using two electrolytics in anti-series for this purpose.
How large is the DC offset ? Maybe it is even withoin the usual limits of this amp. But with a DC load of 0.3 Ohms it doesn't take a very high offset voltage to cause bus runaway.

If the amp is not defective it might be a good idea to try some kind of offest correction.

An additional 1/1 transformer would block DC between its primary and secondary windings. But its primary winding would still see DC and this is what the class-d amp doesn't like. To be more exact: Class-D amps as such can handle DC current and very low frequencies just fine. It is the PSUs that have a problem with the current that the amp pumps back into the rails. It would of course be possible to build PSUs that can handle this properly.

Regards

Charles
Old 7th June 2016, 06:21 PM   #12
JazmynFox is offline JazmynFox  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I got the new board today and it has no problems. Works fine with no DC offset even on the 0.3ohm primaries of the Electrostatic step up transformer.

I am guessing the output transistors on the other board were poorly matched? I really don't know.

I have heard that you can replace the transistors with higher quality ones for better 2ohm performance.

Any ideas?

I have also thought about using iraud 200 boards instead. I have heard they are a bit nicer quality. I am looking for amps that can do about 500w - 1000w into 4ohms and 300-500w into 8ohms. Know any alternatives?

Thanks again.
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:10 PM   #13
ShopFloh is offline ShopFloh
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_accurate View Post
You don't need to reproduce 20 Hz just to try if it works. I didn't mean to use a cap as the final solution. Just to try whether the problem is caused by the DC current and if the amp is working fien otherwise. I would fake a non polarised capacitor by using two electrolytics in anti-series for this purpose. ...

Charles
Hello dear community! Sorry for my English, I come complete with Google Translator, understand only German language. Here is my 1st post to you professionals:

I have received in Germany 2 plagiaries IRAUD350 via eBay from China.
These modules are equipped with Mosfet B23N20D and both modules were broken immediately within 3 weeks with silent music in the closed PA housing with good fans via flash.

Can I install the IRFB4227PbF 2x without further changes?

On the right was a semiconductor, I would like to buy it in Leipzig tomorrow. But what is the name of the part? The problem is, I find the IRAUD350 no exact circuit diagram in the Internet.

The manufacturer and the seller are probably not really reputable, I have on request no useful answer get.

Can you help me here please?

Iraud 350 problems :(Hide this!Advertise here!