What Class-D amp give best sound?

Anyway for my active system I need at least 6 amps and 86 Euro x6 plus power supplies is not cheap. Finally the power is excessive for both tweeters and midrange.

Hypex recommend 1x SMPS400A180 power supply for 6 x UCD180 modules, so you may not need 6x power supplies for your application. The mids and tweets do not need much current. Don't worry about having too many watts. Better to have too many, than too few.

As a first, it would be interesting to know what do you understand as "Best sound", no?
After building six or seven Class Ds and selling all but one (which I like) there are better sounding in your/my system Ds. Amps and spears are a marriage get right and you're in heaven. No need to start e the other alternative.

BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT, I would only ever employ linear PSs. And I would suggest Tripath Ds. They are beating the best SS amps around. Look out for reviews.

I see there a lot of investications about D amps, I had the idea when without feedback making digital a triangle signal because when it is precise and liniair the amp give the lowest distortion.

Neat a power dig to an converter.
The amps I'm talking about are not digital they are switching amps. You can buy digital amp modules though.

The amps I'm talking about are not digital they are switching amps. You can buy digital amp modules though.

Yes I mean class D amps.

A triangle is used as input for modulation, this has to be a very presice signal because it has direct impact on liniarity. Making this digital with a pcocessor is maybe a way to get a low distortion class D amp, even without feedback. I have to say also that the death time is also a uge factor for distortion, use of a extreme fast mosfet is needed to get as less death time as possible.

In principle it is a digital amp, it is a power digital to analog converter with use of demodulation coil.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_ Nov. 14 16.09.jpg
    ScreenHunter_ Nov. 14 16.09.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 2,121
He also mentioned, that in order to achieve the best sound, he had to use either his self-made PSU or the Meanwell HLG-320-36A. When he used a Meanwell HRP-600-48 the sound wasn't to his satisfaction. So, (his) dream-combo seems to be the Sure AA-AB32313 + Meanwell HLG-320-36A atm. That's the one I am going to use for an IA, I just need to settle on a pre-stage before that.

I wonder if it was the voltage difference or different PSU design. The HLG is a Led Driver. I have found a led driver that is 36v but 120watt and 4amp. Would this be enough? This 320h model one is very expensive. More expensive than the amp itself:)

Yes I mean class D amps.

A triangle is used as input for modulation, this has to be a very presice signal because it has direct impact on liniarity. Making this digital with a pcocessor is maybe a way to get a low distortion class D amp, even without feedback. I have to say also that the death time is also a uge factor for distortion, use of a extreme fast mosfet is needed to get as less death time as possible.

In principle it is a digital amp, it is a power digital to analog converter with use of demodulation coil.

regards

What you descirbe is how class-d amps would be made 20 years ago. Today class-d amps do NOT use at triangle generator.
Modern class-d amps are self oscillating build around a integrator (op-amp).

Attachments

• ncdconfig4.png
    ncdconfig4.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,698