TDA7492P big current on start up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have recently bought a TDA7492P bluetooth board for a project. What i'm experiencing on the startup with the speakers connected is that there is huge current draw. For example when i'm powering it up it starts drawing 3Amps and then gradually falls to some mA. Is this normal? I have read the datasheet of TDA7492P but i can't find such information for a specific startup procedure.

The only thing that i can imagine is that the TDA7492P is sending an amount of current in the startup procedure to identify the impedance of the speakers?

That is most likely the current drawn by the charging of the capacitors and is normal. The chip amp has a built in muting circuit that disconnects the speakers at start-up

Yes that could be an explanation. Thanks!. During the startup i hear only a very low noise like wind so it should be in mute. On the power off procedure it looks like the amplifier doesn't go to mute before shutting down and i hear a boom on the speakers. Is there a solution for this issue?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.