Add aux input to TDA7492P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bought it on eBay for a portable boombox im doing but accidentally took the one without aux input, just bluetooth, so i was wondering if there is any way to add an aux input to it and how to wire it, i've been looking for diagrams but haven't find anything yet. :confused:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the exact board.

Thanks in advance :eek:

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I would say yes, its do-able but only for an experienced tech. You would have to find the audio feed to the TDA7492 and physically cut into that feed to isolate it. You would also need to ensure that any biasing requirements on the input pins were retained. A switch could then be connected to select between the original configuration or an external input.

That 8 legged IC looks like a 5532 ? The output from that will likely go to the 7492 so that would be a place to start looking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.