Looking for a ~50$ 2.0 amp for the garage...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, you wire it like you would for any audio application..

F04SH7XGY3E1SUB.LARGE.jpg

passive%20tester.jpg

Found answers to my question in another thread. For everyone who is looking for the same information: Mute is triggered by a SPST switch and does not need to be connected at all in order to use the board.

The other thread also recommends to use a volume pot in the range between 2k and 5k.

A follow-up on the conversation so far...

Folks,

First post here!

I am looking to replace my SONOS system in the house with some Raspberry Pi based devices, and i thought I would do this as a DIY approach ne cause it's more fun this way! However, It's been a bit of time since I've done any DIY, so I need a bit of a refresher on a few items.

Here is what I was originally planning--->

Raspberry Pi ---> IQaudIO DigiAMP+

This has the nice TPA3118 chips on it, and it is a fairly easy solution overall. (plug and play!).

I would then put it all in a decent case, including the power supply, so there is no wall wart.

My thought now is to go toward using separate pieces rather than the DigiAMP+, utilizing the mono amps that were mentioned:

TPA3118 PBTL mono digital amplifier board 1X60W 12V 24V POWER AMP-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It would require that I resolve the 5v power for the Pi and also the power supply for the two amps, but I'm up for the challenge.

Can anyone provide feedback on how these two solutions might compare?

The DigiAMP+ solution is certainly easier and probably a little cheaper in the long run, but the alternate will have more power and possibly sound better? I don't really need much power in them, mostly driving in-ceiling speakers.

Thanks,

---Michael

You would be better served by starting your own topic I feel.

IQAudio DIGIMAP+ uses TAS5756M and is an "all in one" DAC/DSP/Amp. As is the Polyvection PlainAMP. (Polyvection have some interesting code on github starting to use the DSPs).

Smallest "Pi" package is likely to be achieved by using the IQAudio unit, as it supplies the Pi power negating the need for an additional wall wart. He's also thought to provide access to digital encoder (volume) and infrared (volume plus whatever).

As long as they are the genuine TPA3118 chips inside, this is an excellent amp with high quality parts.

http://www.amazon.com/SA-36A-TPA3118D2DAP-Digital-Amplifier-Adapter/dp/B00JXCEDGS/

Alternatively, the TDA7492 is also a nice chip:

Amazon.com: SMSL SA50 50Wx2 TDA7492 Class D Amplifier + Power Adapter (Black): Electronics

But if you are not opposed to soldering a few wires and connecting some terminal posts, you can save A LOT of $ by getting two of these for peanuts and they sound great (perhaps even better than the $52 SMSL).

TPA3118 PBTL mono digital amplifier board 1X60W 12V 24V POWER AMP-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Finally, if you want easy connectivity with your 19v SMPS laptop supply, this has a power jack, a volume knob, but you need to get an input header to 3.5mm or RCA or whatever you use. This amp is a steal and sounds fantastic. Capable of a lot if power if you have a higher voltage 32v supply. But works fine with 19v too.

Excellent Quality TDA7498 100W+100W Class D Amplifier Board High Power Amplifier Board Hot Sale Easy To Install-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I have all of these amps - easy is the SMSL, second easiest is TDA7498. Best value and sound are the TPA3118 PBTL mono blocks.

Do you have any resources you can suggest about how to "solder a few wires"? I'm interested in going this route. I have a general idea of what I need to do, but have to admit I'm a little out of my element here.

Thanks in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.