Quick questions for wiring mono mini speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Say I wanted to build a mini speaker with two drivers... and I wanted to use this: TPA3110 BTL Mono 30W Digital Audio Power Amplifier Board DC 12V 24V Amp Module | eBay little amplifier... and I'd be using a stereo source. Is it the case that 1) I can just gang the left and right channels together into the single input and 2) I can run both drivers from the one output and 3) I can use two 4 ohm drivers and they will be in parallel resulting in a 2 ohm load and 4) this amp will work with a 2 ohm load?

Is this how the wiring is generally done in a "halfinator?" Just checking... thanks...

Thanks for the input.

For some reason I was thinking that all the TPA chips could drive 4 ohm speakers on a single channel and that by using them in bridged mode they would be able to handle 2 ohm load. I see that I was mistaken, though. Maybe the 3116 is the only one that can?

Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.