ICEPower 250ASP - For cheaps, nCore Kit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2016, 11:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ICEPower 250ASP - For cheaps, nCore Kit

Just wanted to know all the DIY'ers who were holding off that Parts Express has these for $99 right now.

There's also a Chinese case/cable maker selling complete solutions for around $160 to $200 each depending on how many you order.

That makes a single monoblock around $300.

Click the image to open in full size.

I've already got my 3. :-)

Along a related note, it looks like Hypex is now selling the nCore 400 as a complete kit, with case, though only black is available for around 650Euros/$700 US. A little more than twice the price of the ICEpower 250ASP. Of course, 400 is more than 250, but 250 is ridiculously more power than most need anyway, so the power issue is moot for most home users I think. The only reason I have to spend more money is on sound quality.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have never even really auditioned a digital amplifier in decades since I actually listened to very early prototypes, so I have no idea how they sound. My goal is to get 3 ICEpower modules to compare with my current Parasound A23s and the looser gets surround duty. Maybe later this year I'll order the nCore kits to complete my digital theater experience, but my budget is blown already.

Best of luck,

Erik

Last edited by eriksquires; 30th January 2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 6th February 2016, 03:42 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

$300 monoblock budget: $100 amp, $200 case. Sounds high-end, all right...

ATI's B-stock store has the ICEpower 50asx2 for $99. At $50/channel, it looks like a good pick for surround & other less-demanding use.

Hide this!Advertise here!