JL Audio Slash 1000/1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, first post here. Great site. I have used info from here to repair a JL Audio 500/1 amp and it works wonderfully. I no have an issue with a JL Audio 1000/1 amp. I gave it to my son for Christmas. We didn't have the recommended 100amp fuse so I put in a 135 amp fuse so that he could listen to it while he went to pick up a 100 amp fuse. In the time between leaving the house and getting the proper fuse he blew the 135. And I mean melted it and the fuse holder. The amp protection light came on and all output stopped. When I hooked it back up to test it in his car, proper fuse and new fuse holder, the power light comes on, no protection light but there is no output. I have inspected the internals and everything looks in perfect working order. Nothing burned or smoked. I have no oscilloscope just a volt meter. All transistors and caps and resistors look great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for the wonderful site.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.