~50W Class-T Amp with tone control?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm adding main power switch & using that in conjunction w/its mute switch to avoid pops, as talked about in other thread.
WRT noise - Don't think BT noise is feasibly solvable for this board, whether due to proximity of BT module to line-level stuff or its shared PS / ground impacts. Would only consider peer reviewed integrated boards OR separate BT modules from now on myself.
Any car ignition, alternator, etc. noises if present would be another topic.

You'd have to google, search forum, etc - Don't know of any proven higher watt ones w/integrated tone stage + BT myself [other than ones others talked about in the thread I referenced], but I've just started fooling w/Class D stuff. Maybe others will chime in. But its looking like these all-in-ones w/KRC-86b jammed in may all(?) have BT noise issues.

If BT noise is the only thing bugging you about the board I guess a dramatic move would be to disable its BT module (cut input leg to LM7805 - see my pics in other thread) and go with something like this. Haven't tried it myself but its 12V & reviews are mostly positive.

Last edited:
WRT "all" - Its clear but to be sure, my suspicion pertains to BT/amp boards that look similar/identical to our boards. Distinguishing factors being the KRC-86b/tone stage/amp all on one board. Found little info/posts about such boards around and not much about KRC-86b BT module either. Here is one thread about it where the guy says wrapping the board helped. I tried a grounded bent up sheet metal shield over it & it didn't help a bit.

Agree that, esp. for this style board, best to buy one(s) w/o BT module & add it separately. Or look at other more popular/promising options like others talk about on this forum or found by googling.
Good luck.

I will try wrapping it etc, maybe also to disconnect it completely and see if there is noise left. Will probably also find an external bluetooth module to feed it if I find a good/cheap one.

Regarding the TDA7492P I think I read somewhere before that the TPA3116 is better (also better than the 2020).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.