Possible grounding issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a stereo amp using a SMPS600RS and HiFimediy T4. I wired everything up and I am getting a high pitch noise coming from the T4 and speakers. When I remove the inputs the noise disappears and the amp is silent.

For grounding I have a line from the power to a star bolt on the chassis, grounding wire from SMPS to T4 and the ground wire from the inputs soldered to both RL input plugs.

I have built a nearly identical SMPS500 and T4 amp that works beautifully, however it is in a wooden box and uses a volume pot.

The only difference between the two is how I have grounded it, especially at the inputs. In the wooden amp the ground plugs are touching the chassis (it is wood), however in the metal chassis it is not touching, but separated by a plastic washer. I had a ground wire running from the input plugs to the grounding star bolt, however disconnecting/connecting it made no difference.

Anyone got any ideas that can help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.